AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Conversationalist

Re: Ancestry.com discount

Message 31 of 37

I am really disappointed, after the first year with the discount, you are back to full price.  Do they think people who are AARP members can all afford the full price??

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 32 of 37

Let's be clear - ancestry.com is an entity that cares as much about you and me as our current President or our former Speaker of the House. Simply put, they are oppourtunists. That said the content they have has some value - just nowhere near the one they mandate! They are pimps of information under a religious banner who should be ashamed of themselves. Hoarding to thwart others is definitely not a Christian trait.

Conversationalist

Message 33 of 37

I was really disappointed also.  I tried calling them and was told once we use it, the discount is a one time thing.  I don't know who I should be more disappointed with AARP or Ancestry.  This was the only way that it was affordable.

Info Seeker

Re: Ancestry.com discount -- AARP "discount" not very real when contacting Ancestry.com

Message 34 of 37
I have a high-end plan and they told me that I'd have to downgrade my access to get the "discount". Bait and Switch, I say.
I've been with Ancestry over a decade, and my subscription expires in two week. Seriously considering cancelling.
Info Seeker

Message 35 of 37

I have not found any worthwhile discounts from AARP. Nothing. A free donut With a Large drink at Duncan Donuts..........Gee Thanks a lot.

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 37
I certainly Agree with you!!
Info Seeker

Message 37 of 37

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I was thinking about subscribing to Ancestry and wanted to take advantage of the supposed AARP discount.  Now I know not ot bother, much like just about every other promised discount, it doesn't give me anything that other memberships don't....like AAA.