Medicare open enrollment has begun! Learn all about it in AARP's guide to Medicare made easy.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Ancestry.com discount

Message 31 of 45

I am really disappointed, after the first year with the discount, you are back to full price.  Do they think people who are AARP members can all afford the full price??

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 45

Let's be clear - ancestry.com is an entity that cares as much about you and me as our current President or our former Speaker of the House. Simply put, they are oppourtunists. That said the content they have has some value - just nowhere near the one they mandate! They are pimps of information under a religious banner who should be ashamed of themselves. Hoarding to thwart others is definitely not a Christian trait.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 45

I was really disappointed also.  I tried calling them and was told once we use it, the discount is a one time thing.  I don't know who I should be more disappointed with AARP or Ancestry.  This was the only way that it was affordable.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Ancestry.com discount -- AARP "discount" not very real when contacting Ancestry.com

Message 34 of 45
I have a high-end plan and they told me that I'd have to downgrade my access to get the "discount". Bait and Switch, I say.
I've been with Ancestry over a decade, and my subscription expires in two week. Seriously considering cancelling.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 45

I have not found any worthwhile discounts from AARP. Nothing. A free donut With a Large drink at Duncan Donuts..........Gee Thanks a lot.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 45
I certainly Agree with you!!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 45

Thanks for letting me know about this.  I was thinking about subscribing to Ancestry and wanted to take advantage of the supposed AARP discount.  Now I know not ot bother, much like just about every other promised discount, it doesn't give me anything that other memberships don't....like AAA.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 45

After seeing this, I don't think I will subscribe to Ancestry.  I can't see any need in it after I find out what I need to know about my family.  I'd have the DNA test and that would be it.  I'll seek out a discount for the test...

Thank you for the heads up.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 45
That is a BARGAIN!!!! Do you know how much the WorldWide All Access plan costs??? If you had individual memberships to Newspapers.com, Fold3, and some of the others you get with the membership you would be paying a LOT more. $5 a month increase for what you get is amazing.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 45

I have been a sucscriber to ancestry on and off for over 10 years. It use to be a great org but has become a money maker. I also had a subscription that ended last month and had cancelled the subscription 2 months early. They gave me the date the subscription would end and not be renewed. Lo and behold I was charged the full world subscription price. This had happened before so I was watching it. I had the email showing the cancellation but the rep argued with me about cancelling it. Warning - keep tabs on this group even if you have cancelled your subscription

Kudos
Views