Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Conversationalist

Re: Ancestry.com discount

Message 31 of 34 (913 Views)

I am really disappointed, after the first year with the discount, you are back to full price.  Do they think people who are AARP members can all afford the full price??

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 34 (771 Views)

Let's be clear - ancestry.com is an entity that cares as much about you and me as our current President or our former Speaker of the House. Simply put, they are oppourtunists. That said the content they have has some value - just nowhere near the one they mandate! They are pimps of information under a religious banner who should be ashamed of themselves. Hoarding to thwart others is definitely not a Christian trait.

Conversationalist

Message 33 of 34 (759 Views)

I was really disappointed also.  I tried calling them and was told once we use it, the discount is a one time thing.  I don't know who I should be more disappointed with AARP or Ancestry.  This was the only way that it was affordable.

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: Ancestry.com discount -- AARP "discount" not very real when contacting Ancestry.com

Message 34 of 34 (220 Views)
I have a high-end plan and they told me that I'd have to downgrade my access to get the "discount". Bait and Switch, I say.
I've been with Ancestry over a decade, and my subscription expires in two week. Seriously considering cancelling.