Conversationalist

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 71 of 662
Excellent idea!
Report Inappropriate Content
Conversationalist

Message 72 of 662

I was always taught to re-purpose, reuse, and recycle. My family never threw away anything they could fix. Also, get a credit card for emergency purposes but when you use it try to pay it off in full every month. That will increase your credit score which gets you better interest rates on auto loans, mortgages, auto insurance and many other benefits. Do not live for instant gratification but save for what you want. You'll be happier in the long run.

Info Seeker

Message 73 of 662

Change the engine air filter yourself, autoparts stores might even point out where the box is [look for a wide, ridged hose]. And go for maintenance when your book says, not every 3,000 miles.

Info Seeker

Message 74 of 662

I pay with paper money (bills). Then when i get cash back in coins-i put all of that in a big jar. It collects money without really missing it. Then when the jar is full, i take to the bank and cash it in. Most times i am really surprised at the total! Then i put that money in my savings account, WaLa: Money i never missed but now have a great savings account balance!

Info Seeker

Message 75 of 662

Don't buy life insurance for your children or grandchildren.  Any time something/someone is considered a "liability" (or "dependent" in tax terms), you don't "invest" in it.

Info Seeker

Message 76 of 662

Great magazine

Info Seeker

Message 77 of 662

if it seems hard to put in large amounts do the penny per day, it adds up quickly and i'm looking forward to the extra $$ after Christmas.  It's called the 365 day penny saving challenge, give it a try.

Info Seeker

Message 78 of 662

Pay yourself first, every week, even if it's just a few dollars!

Info Seeker

Message 79 of 662

never pay full price.  wait and see if it goes on sale.  if it's used and the  price is posted, always offer a lot lower.  you can come up if they will come down.  

Info Seeker

Message 80 of 662

I used to have a union job with a pension plan. Now I'm in a corporate environment so I figured out what the percentage was on the union job and I put that amount aside from this current job from each paycheck.