Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 541 of 671

The way I save money is simple. I save All my change and I keep it in a coffee cup in my car. Once that is full, I bring it in and separate the silver from the pennies and put them into mason jars. I now have almost 3 quart jars filled with silver!! And a pint jar of pennies. And I have also started saving 1$ bills and 5$ bills! And boy do they add up quick! The last time I had cashed in my silver jars, 2 of them, I had saved close to 500$!! I have become very OCD about saving that I will not spend any change nor any 1$ or 5$ bills!! Unless of an emergency. Then come vacation time, I'm set!! If this can help one person to start saving a little bit at first, my job is done!!  

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 542 of 671

I pay myself first, moving 10% of each check to an online savings account before spening. I monitor creit car spending on a wall calendar, listing the amount charged and place used in the date block. I keep a running total of charges on the margin for that month. I save the receipts in an envelope paper-clipped to the calendar page. It's easy to reconcile the statement with my calendar. I tear up the receipts when I've paid the charge (unless I need the receipt for a warranty- I tape those on the back of the calendar). I know it's low-tec, but this approach has worked great for me for 26 years! Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 543 of 671
Sorry- the "d" key stuck! My post should read "spending" and "credit".
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 544 of 671

Start saving early and don't live beyond your means.

Use your credit card for convenience not because you have to. If you can't afford to pay cash for something, step back and consider whether you really need to buy it.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 545 of 671

find out if your municipal tap water is safe to drink.  if so, drink your tap water instead of bottled water.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 546 of 671

use clear vinegar for cleaning and laundry, instead of the commercial brands

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 547 of 671

Trying to post a message; assess your closet!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 548 of 671

Try to save everyday no matter how small the amount.  The goal is to be persistent and consistent.  Visualize what you are saving for.  Soon you will have enough money for what you are saving for.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 549 of 671

enter the AARP sweepstakes daily.  A winner never quits.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 550 of 671

Credit Unions usually have a few extra perks than mainstream banks.  I joined a program at mine, that rounds my debits off to the nearest dollar, with that extra cents going into my Savings.  Without any effort on my part, this program has accumulated approx. $100 into my account over the last few months.  A very nice little surprise!  

I especially like the Vocabulary words in the Money and Retirement digital issue.  I've never invested, but I was interested in the terms so I can feel more comfortable when I'm learning about Stocks. 

Thanks!  

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season