AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 41 of 662
I totally agree, buy only what you need. Do not buy just because it is on sale...
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 662

I like to combine rebate programs, such as Ebates, with store credit discounts (stores that give 5% off for using their card.) I do this by ordering online, paying with the store credit card, then picking the items up at the store, or take advantage of any free shipping to my home that they are offering. Oh, and then I pay the credit card balance off at the end of the month. If I've gotten a coupon from the store for any additional money off, that increases my savings!

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 662

Totally true, another fact, don't buy under emotional distress, such as anger, hurt or depressed.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 44 of 662

When going shopping, wait until you have several places close together and then make one trip.

Conversationalist

Message 45 of 662
Try saving $3 -5 dollars a month and you will be surprised a the end of the year! Ten dollars a month is even better!
Info Seeker

Message 46 of 662
I have my paycheck direct deposited into my savings account and only transfer out the amount needed to pay bills - the difference remain in savings and grow each month.
Info Seeker

Message 47 of 662

Lists are a must and don't stray. You will find yourself with a wild bill. Remember to check sake items and possibly stock up.

Info Seeker

Message 48 of 662

I always round up to the next whole dollar when inputting check amounts in check register and that is my secret balance.  it can add up pretty quickly.  My daughter swears by it also.

Conversationalist

Message 49 of 662

Make a commitment to deposit a set amount of money into your savings account each pay period. Multiple savings accounts can be helpful for saving for major purchases or expenses, one for your emergency fund, one for annual real estate taxes, one for Christmas gifts, etc.  

Info Seeker

Message 50 of 662

I AGREE WITH NO FEES.  I CAN GET CASH AT THE ATM AT MY BANK AT ANY TIME WITHOUT FEES.  I CAN ALSO GET CASH BACK AT MANY MERCHANTS WHEN MAKING A PURCHASE.  ALSO NO FEES.