Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 351 of 671

Eat as many meals at home as you can, and when grocery shopping, be sure to stick to your list.  Use coupons when available for the products you normally buy.  If your local supermarket has a senior citizen's discount day, try to do all of your shopping on that day.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 352 of 671

I like to cut coupons for myself, and keep envelopes with my kids and close friends names on them.  When I see a coupon for a product I know they've used, I tuck it in their envelope for the next time I see them.  I do the same with news and magazine articles I think might interest them - cut those out and put it in their envelope.  If I think it applies to a few of them, I save copy paper and ink by scanning and sending the article to them by email instead of copying the articles.  They've been most appreciative, and some of them have saved coupons or articles for me as well.  The best is when I can match up a store sale, coupon, and rebate for the same item and get it for a fraction of its normal cost!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 353 of 671
Pay yourself first
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 354 of 671
When the time comes to replace an air conditioner or heat pump, get an inverter type. It costs more but will save lots of money in the long run.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 355 of 671
Check reviews on restaurants and hotels. Sometimes a good price is not worth the bad business.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 356 of 671

I trade flowers, cuttings, and bulbs with family,  friends,  and neighbors.  I save money and get some great unusual and heirloom varieties. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 357 of 671

Use the kind of gas your car is made for, using premium in a car made for regular wastes money.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 358 of 671

Start early

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 359 of 671

I take full advantage of places I frequent by downloading their apps, signing up for the rewards clubs and I get free meals, discounted meals, gift cards, free deserts, $$$ off coupons.  I also us my fitbit and link it to many sights where I get $$$ like Walgreens and Dicks Sporting Goods.  I enter alot of sweepstakes.  Just today I got a check for $50 for an instant win; a few months ago I won a $700 underwater camera; I won a trip for four with value of $16,000, I have won jewelry, gift cards and many, many products.  I also use AARPs, sweepstakes - which I have won many giftcards, and taken advantage of the deal of the day, local offers where many times it is buy one meal get one free; i have also taken advantage of their negotiating power with discounts at Outback Steak House, Carrabas, Bonefish, etc.  The more I can save and keep in my bank account the better!  As far as ATM's - I have only used an ATM machine maybe 5-6 times in the last 10 years.  I do my monthly budget, pay bills, and only leave enough in the bank to use my debit card that keeps me in my budget - rest is transfered to savings where is it not as readily available,  I also use an app on my phone that scans the barcode at stores and it will tell me if that item is a lesser price at another local retailer.  And finally I make a grocery list, and go shopping after I have eaten a meal - that way I am not tempted to buy foods I would call "treats" and it would also make me go over my grocery budget.  Hope this helps someone

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 360 of 671

make sure yuou go to your own bank to withdraw money so you don't get charged any fees going to other banks fees add up vey quick

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors