AARP Live takes your questions tonight about veterans benefits and scams. Join us at 10 p.m. ET on the RFD network.
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 661 of 666

Thanks

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 662 of 666

I do not understand your message. Was it directed @ me? Jf Anderson  

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 663 of 666

There are so many ways to save. Although my home is small, I have a place for 2 bags/containers - One is for plastic water and soda type bottles have been flattened as much as possible. Recycling places even prefer you put the lids back on after flattening! That helps to put extra weight to the bag when it is time to take it to the recyclers. The other bag/container is for soda or other beverage cans - aluminum only. Flatten these as much as possible also then tie off the bags and store in a shed or other out of sight place until its convenient to take them to the recyclers. I wait until I have several bags to take all at once. It really adds up!

Some recyclers only take plastic bottles and the cans, but other recyclers will take tin cans, broken appliances - big and small as well as electronics. No need to toss that broken fan when you can just take with you on your next trip to recyclers - they pay you for your unusable stuff!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 664 of 666

We try to do everythig as inexpensively as we can.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 665 of 666

I think you can save more by going to markets with more competitive prices. I don’t believe I can mention names here. It pays to comparison shop. I live in San Francisco but shop outside the city and save 30 percent or more on groceries without cutting a coupon. I’m not against coupons I just think my approach is less work

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 666 of 666

Seniors shouldn't be paying for annual memberships to members-only warehouse clubs like Costco since they don't need to buy in bulk quantities for a household of 1 or 2. I stopped going to Costco for over 10 years have been saving money on groceries and household items by shopping the sales, special deals and using coupons. There is also less waste and spoilage on fruits and produce when only buying quantities as needed.   

Kudos
Views