Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 641 of 671

I now use an app from my grocery store and shop online, having discovered that I am a more intentional shopper than ever  before.  When I first heard about the program offered at my local store, I balked at the $4.95 fee charged. Out of need after having surgery, however, I tried it out "just for a couple of weeks" until I got back to full energy level.  Now I use the service regularly, every couple of weeks, for my major shopping. I've found that I save so much more when I shop from the comfort of my home, with my shopping list in hand, and the opportunity to double check if I truly need an item.  A side benefit, I am buying less junk and processed food (often none), more savings and healthier choices, and I am more carefully selecting from several options offered. No longer relying on a particular brand, I am often choosing the less expensive store or  a sale item.  Finally, I've become a regular coupon user for the first time, thanks to the website's digital coupons. I no longer forget to bring the coupons with me when I shop; they are downloaded  to my store rewards card and automatically applied to my purchase.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 642 of 671
learned in my 50's from my Mom. She became ill and without a stitch of financial planning has lost everything.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 643 of 671

I drive an old car until the repairs cost more then the value of the car.

It's transportation not a trophy!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 644 of 671

I agree, not only do you save because you aren't buying spur of the moment items, you also save on gas and vehicle waew and tear.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 645 of 671

Some grocery stores give you free stuff just for shopping on certain days of the week or using their app to clip e-coupons for freebies.  Give it a try!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 646 of 671

Small but mighty tips that have helped me...

1. Eat meals at home, it will save you so much money.

2. Empty your pockets or purse of the change you acquired each time you shop; save it in a jar and after it's full, roll the coins into wrappers and take it to the bank. Amazing what you can save just from change.

3. Try the $5 trick, save every $5 bill you get as change. Earmark it for Christmas shopping, or better yet, put it into your savings.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 647 of 671
I also advocate signing up for restaurant/fast food loyalty programs and special promotions for the added savings, printed coupons from online web sites, and cut out newspaper ones, also use the loyalty retail stores and grocery stores program cards for discounts and gas ones also for discounts. all a big help for saving some money.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 648 of 671

Know where your money, goes. Make a list of your monthly expenses, Make a list of your monthly income.

Now ask yourself, I'm I ok with the expenses and income.

if not ok, ask what are needs and what are wants, and adjust accordingly 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 649 of 671

Visit your local library to borrow books, magazines, and movies. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 650 of 671

Visit your local library to borrow books, magazines, and movies.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views