Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 581 of 672

Clipping coupons every week and redeeming them for items you buy anyways can add up to big savings over the long term!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 582 of 672

Some new online checking accounts offer interest.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 583 of 672

save all my rebates in a savings account.  had enough for 2 years of college in 20 years

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 584 of 672

Always use the free stuff.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 585 of 672

Use merchants credit cards for special discounts. Target Red Card gives 5% off every purchase plus they donate a portion to our school. Department stores send you special sales and coupon offers. Using the Costco MasterCard, SunTrust Visa or Aadvantage card on everything scores us cash rebates! 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 586 of 672

Favorite saving tip: at the grocery store, I buy private label brands which are cheaper than national brands and usually are as good. The saving come to $15-20 per month.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 587 of 672

Use a credit union instead of a bank.  My credit union does not charge for a checking account, offers a bill payment service that include paying postage for making payments, and pays a higher interest on your account balance than the big banks.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 588 of 672

Drive an old car keep the money in the bank for your enjoyment.Never buy from Door to Door sales people. Tell them that whenyou answer the door .It shuts them down Promptly.Find  that each day is an opportunity to do what you and your spouse enjoy!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 589 of 672

I used to clip every coupon all the time. I realized that I was buying things that I don't normally buy. I now only clip coupons for things that I actually use - what a money saver! 🙂

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 590 of 672

I agree with driving the old car as a savings tool.   If one stays on top of the maintenance, an older car is much cheaper on an annual basis vs. payments on a new one.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.