From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 291 of 671

We put some $ into savings every week. Coupons. Installed led lights where ever they fit. Take short showers.... It all adds up.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 292 of 671

My wife and I have used a process that when we buy something like a car, land, other expensive item we shop and then wait 24 hours until we buy, this has saved a lot of impulse buys that we would have regretted.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 293 of 671
we just have two separate savings account that are automatically added to each month. One is for savings and the other is our vacation fund.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 294 of 671
Have your pay day go to a savings account. Transfer the amount needed. Leave the rest in savings. My son payed off his auto loan by using this method.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 295 of 671

Remember the song "Put your chewing gum on the bedpost overnight"?  Part of the song said, "a nickle is a nickle, a dime is a dime" (I'd sing another chorus but I don't have the time.)

Well, if you save those nickles and dimes they will add up to savings at end of day, week, month and year.  The savings will allow you to do special things:  vacation, purchase x, etc.

At days end, put your change in a container, and forget about it.  When the container is full, pat yourself on the back and admire your accomplishment.  t's like compounding interest.

Note:  I've been doing that and still working on my first million dollars!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 296 of 671

I try to save in any way I can. 1 way is to by generic whenever possible, 2. Look for different sales in stores, 3.  Purchase items at thrift shops.. sometimes you hit the savings jackpot at these places! 4.  Ask myself.. 'do I really need this at this time?'  put it back & maybe purchase it at another time, if at all.  5.  Sales online.. compare shopping on websites.  I have other ways, but gotta keep this short for now.  Good luck to all in your savings venture, & the contest!  (But, I hope I'm the winner! LOL).  ~Kathy~

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 297 of 671

Good strategy.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 298 of 671

When using att as cellphone service get AARP member discount. It can save up to ten percent 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 299 of 671
set a limit, when shopping.
Kudos
Views