Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: ATM Smart Savings Sweepstakes

Message 201 of 671

You really need to save even a dollar a day because with us we thought we had plenty of money to retire on but after my husband had heart surgery and then now with alheimzers the medical bills even after medicare pays are breaking the bank.  Once you loose your savings social security just dosen't cover your living expenses and it is hard to cut back when you want to have all the things you have saved for.  But SAVING BACK even a little is hard but you must learn or the stress of money worries is really harder to deal with than doing with out something that once you think about it is really not necessary!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 202 of 671

I even use the instore coupons also to save money

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 203 of 671
Take advantage of senior discounts there are about 100 restaurant, retail, and grocery store chains that offer senior discounts, and some are quite generous.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 204 of 671

Make you're list of things needed and  stick to the list .

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 205 of 671

Buy a carpet cleaning machine.  They're really not that hard to use, and you can clean individual rooms on your own time.  Compared to the cost of using a professionally cleaning service, your machine will pay for itself in no time at all.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 206 of 671

Save, save, save.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 207 of 671

I realize how little I really need in this world.  Shopping, except for food, seems a waste of time and energy.  I need to finish writing my book!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 208 of 671

save as much as you can by stop buying out of habit and really rethink your everyday purchases.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 209 of 671

I joined Ibotta and Wal-Mart's savings catcher to get rebates on what I just bought.  I've gotten back over $120 in gift cards I can apply to my next purchases.  I also try to use coupons and look for brand and store loyalty programs.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 210 of 671

It's never too late to start saving.  At 55 years young, I started a part-time job and saved over 35K in my 401K plan over a 10 years just by contributing 20%. 

Kudos
Views