Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

APPLYING FOR LOAN

I've been engaged in an activity where I believe no harm is being done but would like comments from the Community.  I applied for credit using my son as a joint applicant. My son is 37 years old with developmental disability. I'm widowed and provides for him in all aspects. We both get social security disability but he still needs some of my financial support. When we were called to come sign papers, they postponed the signing when they saw my son to reevaluate. I haven't heard from them yet. Is there anything wrong with me using my son to help me get a loan or even credit cards? He's over 18, he can sign his name...plus I'm not only dad, I had to become his legal guardian. Can I get any suggestions? This can't be illegal. Can it?

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have not eaten in two days and I tried to get a loan on line but I was unable to get one.So I thought of AARP.I have no money for gas and my life at71 is falling apart.So I am wondering if AARPdoes small loans to seniors?

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@CarolynK923861 - What about food stamps, food pantry & other programs in your area? A loan should be for big ticket expenses, not food.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!

Hello my name is angela Davis I'm getting ssi payments  monthly  how ever my credit  is poor so I'm. Trying  to see i get a loan with low monthly  payments 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@whiteje561 - They might question when a parent uses a (developmentally) disabled child of whom they're also the legal guardian, to cosign any document that would financially obligate the child's sole source of income. Did you have to justify what the loan was for? Is it for some necessity, and an amount you can pay back? They might require that you get a court-appointed "guardian ad litem" to make sure what you want to do is in your son's best interests, not just yours.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP