Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP charge for online driver safety course

Message 11 of 21

@drawpoker wrote:

As for the 3rd and subsequent years  - get ready to open your pocketbook again. 

Cheers! 

On the contrary, I did ask my agent how long this senior defensive credit was good for and she said indefinitely. I’ve been with this company for 49 years and was involved in a mishap or two 40 years ago. I suggest you check with your agent instead of relying on what someone else told you.

It’s easy to see that my original $15 investment did provide me with a tremendous return on investment. In the second year I’ve got my original investment back and I’m at the breakeven point and now any future credits are money in my pocket. It may not be enough money to get me to and from the tropics, but it’s enough to buy me a couple of tropical beverages once I get there.

If you stop and think about it that’s not a bad outcome plus you’ve become more proficient as a senior driver upon completion of the defensive driver course.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 21
I've had 2 auto insurance companies and both require taking the course every 3 years. I'm still saving $ and becoming a better driver. Thanks AARP!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 21

what is the promo code?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 21
See AARPLynne's 2/5 message to me on previous page.
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 21

@george3317, to receive the promotional 30% discount, please visit http://www.aarpdriversafety.org/socialmedia.html and be sure to apply the promo code, SAFETY30.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 21
Need to take the course online
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 21

If anyone is monitoring these comments....all the link to the safety course info seem to be broken.

All I get is errors.  I tried it in chrome and in the new microsoft browser.

Please let me know when it is fixed.

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 21

I also receive these emails periodically from AARP. Got one just today and telling me I could get a discount of 25% if I take the online course. NO mention of how much they charge even when I went to where they directed.

Well how do I know if I can afford the fee even after the discount if they don't tell me how much it costs. I wonder how they are using the grant from Toyota, maybe to give themselves a raise.

If they really want to help us they should go after the car insurance people who keep raising the cost of our car insurance. I just got another raise of $60 on top of the one I got in June. I was so annoyed I called them and even though I have no moving violations and no accidents it matters not to them, said the raise was because the medical and car repair costs have gone up. Well hell charge the ones causing the accidents more, I shouldn't have to pay for them.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 21

when will you upgrade to Apple so i van use my iPad?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 21

when will you upgrade to Apple so i van use my iPad?

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views