Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 71 of 78

I am a healthy 72 years old.  I have a lot of friends who are much older than me (85-95!) and I love them dearly.  The hard part of aging is knowing that I will be losing these people, as they are having health issues.  In this day of living longer, the sad part is losing friends and relatives.  Do I want to live to be 100 and be alone?  I try to keep in touch with everyone or see them whenever I can.  The important thing to remember is to live each day to its fullest because we know that time is not on our side.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 78

As much as I hate the aches, the sagging body etc, it hurts that family look at you as though you are no longer a valid member of society, the worst thing is being ignored, and considered to have no valid input.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 78

I get scared when I hear about "living to 100" as a goal, when my reality is hoping that my financial situation will keep me living day to day! I'm 71 and do have chronic disability due to MS, plus other health matters cropping up as I age. I personally would like to focus on affordable housing and health care, including in-home services, in the present time, as opposed to stretching the odds for another 30 years. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 78

Being invisible to much of the rest of the population!  Physical changes are inevitable but I'm shocked by how I'm not "seen" anymore.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 78

The worst part would be not having the opportunity to grow old, so many don't!

So with graditude I look forward to having the opportunity!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 78

I would say that the skin changes bother me the most. When I was young, I would think that would never happen to me and it did anyway. I look young and feel young most of the time but the inevitable dermatological issues are there.e.g eyelids strting to droop a little, some brown spots etc.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 78

I think the worst thing is knowing our bodies will deteriorate significantly as we age.  It is scarey facing the future and the probability that pain and suffering lies ahead.   I can only hope science will continue to discover ways to help humans live healthy lives.  Stopping or reversing the aging process would be an amazing feat but I don't think it will happen in my lifetime.

@41454145 wrote:

From losing one's memory, eyesight, hearing, digestion, mobility, et al- aging is a depressing phenomena that hits us all and the costs gets prohibitive! 

What is the worst thing about age and what can we change to make it better?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

What's the worst thing about getting old?

Message 78 of 78

From losing one's memory, eyesight, hearing, digestion, mobility, et al- aging is a depressing phenomena that hits us all and the costs gets prohibitive! 

What is the worst thing about age and what can we change to make it better?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors