Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: What's the worst thing about getting old?

Message 1 of 75

This pandemic has its price since in lockdown all I want to do is sleep. After a whole day in bed I am still sleepy and I don't understand it. I eat more trying to feel okay is difficult. My family won't come to see me. I haven't figured out Zoom and similar meet places yet. I suppose I'm there.(old) 😰

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 75

@41454145 wrote:

From losing one's memory, eyesight, hearing, digestion, mobility, et al- aging is a depressing phenomena that hits us all and the costs gets prohibitive! 

What is the worst thing about age and what can we change to make it better?

That it's difficult to realize that we're as old as we actually are?

I always thought when i was much younger, in dealing with the elderly, that it was sad that the body seem to age but not the mind.

What can we change to make it better?...maybe attitude?

Sadly, the liberal attack dogs have nothing but hate and anger in their hearts and spew it whenever possible.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 75

I agree and add incontinence IBS cannot eat what you like  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 75

My hip and knees hurt often.

My eyes have big circles around them.

Unable to do the exercises for over a half hour.

I am  not as strong as I used to be.

I can not walk as long as I used to walk.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 75

It's like this pandemic we are experiencing now some don't feel protecting themselves and others is important and might open up the country sooner. Unfortunately this is freedom to express.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 75

getting dental help no dental insurance diebetic teeth fell out filling fell out,when diebetic  sugar was high now decayed, and missing teeth pain and no insurance and cant be seen dentist closed with this pandemic

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 75

My feet and/or ankles are stiff after a day of heavy exercise.   

Mentally, I just finished up a certificate in data science, and while I think some of it was harder for me to intuitively understand, harder than if I had been 25 or 30, it really was nice to be able to do it, and do it well.  Keep learning!

Otherwise, it's all good.  So far.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 75
I totally agree, Mazzarano! Aches and saggy body are bad, but the way the family looks at and treats us is very hurtful. We still have our mind and thoughts and feelings. Just because we are not "hip" and "with it",
doesn't mean we don't have experience, wisdom and feelings.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 75

@mimi0000 wrote:

It's not being SEEN

I recently moved and attended a neighbor gathering.  

My past-life career required me to attend cocktail parties, reception so I learned to initiate conversations.  But, at this event, no one tried to talk to me so I introduced myself repeatedly. and people quickly moved on. 

I took a glass of wine...went to a corner watch and listened.  They talked about TV shows,

Makeup, innocuous topics;  I thought you don't know what you're missing, I am interesting. I raised 4 children and attended Harvard when few women did; I was an Executive when few women were.  I lobbied for the Arts and women's rights.  I'm not ugly, I'm well-groomed; have all my teeth and body parts.  I don't have bad breath,  I use deodorants, I dress stylish.  The question is: Why do they not want to chat? The answer must be: Your OLD.

SO THIS IS WHAT DISCRIMINATION FEELS LIKE!

It's their loss!  I've had similar experiences but with my own family.  I've had some unique life changing experiences while they've never left the small town we grew up in.  They're not interested in anything beyond their own front door.  Makes me sad I can't share my life with them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 75

It's not being SEEN

I recently moved and attended a neighbor gathering.  

My past-life career required me to attend cocktail parties, reception so I learned to initiate conversations.  But, at this event, no one tried to talk to me so I introduced myself repeatedly. and people quickly moved on. 

I took a glass of wine...went to a corner watch and listened.  They talked about TV shows,

Makeup, innocuous topics;  I thought you don't know what you're missing, I am interesting. I raised 4 children and attended Harvard when few women did; I was an Executive when few women were.  I lobbied for the Arts and women's rights.  I'm not ugly, I'm well-groomed; have all my teeth and body parts.  I don't have bad breath,  I use deodorants, I dress stylish.  The question is: Why do they not want to chat? The answer must be: Your OLD.

SO THIS IS WHAT DISCRIMINATION FEELS LIKE!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE