Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What's the worst thing about getting old?

Message 41 of 61

Losing so many people you love

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 61

I have to agree with one of the comments. I feel that family looks at me as too old to do the things that they enjoy doing.It hurts to not be included in "all the reindeer games" . My daughter and I went to my little great nephews baseball game and he said, where's the family, when I said, we are your family, it wasn't enough. I know he was just a little kid, but what he said, to me meant "I " wasn't enough.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 61

I don't like having less energy. My kids and grandkids are very active and are busy all the time. I would love to join them in their walks up the mountains, picnics, swimming, etc. I just don't have the energy and stamina to do all these with them every time. When I go with them for one activity, say going on a picnic, I'm down for the next couple of days.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 61

The bodies immune system doesn’t protect you like it did when you were younger!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Reply: What's the worst thing about getting old?

Message 45 of 61

My father used to say " Never regret growing older, many were denied the privilege ." However, I'm a few months away from 70 yrs old and when I was younger I raised 3 sons by myself worked and went to school. There were times when we had very little to eat but we made it and t&t&e all graduated high school and never had problems with police , drinking,  smoking or any trouble. I thought I was so blessed,  but they all married and that was the end of me. My middle son was closer to me but committed suicide at the age of 30....the other two don't have time for me and I'm in a wheelchair and alone ..they live near by,  but I'm lucky if I see them once or twice a year. .the worse thing about getting old is loneliness and bad health. ...an old saying I have is "One mother can raise 10 kids but, 10 kids can't help one mother. God help us all.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Reply: What's the worst thing about getting old?

Message 46 of 61

The worst thing about getting older to me is that some of the younger generation take it for granted that because you are older, you can no longer think or figure out anything; that you are going into your second  childhood.  That doesn't really bother me to the point that I worry about it because I love the fact that when I open my mouth to get a point across, there is this surprised look.  I am still determined as I were when I was a teenager and I accept that the body gets old and that I can work with too.  Some male is always trying to get my attention, but having been without my late husband for 24 years, I take it with a grain of salt and I'll know when the right man comes along.  All-in-all, I am taking getting older in stride and being happy is my priority because nothing or no one lives forever.  .  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 61

Health and wealthand the the possibilty of losing or cutbacks to Medicare and Social Security by uncaring politicians!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 61

Number onw worst thing about getting old, is not being able to afford competent health care which includes dental and vision care.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 61

I agree with others and the issues they cited; aging body, fear of medical issues, outliving your savings, losing friends etc.  But my biggest issue is suddenly being treated like a child by some (younger) friends and especially my family.  Suddenly I apparently can't think for myself or work out the tiiest problem.  I can see why people get depressed as they age.  My body may be aching more but my mind is perfectly fine!   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 61

Seeing all the hyper-sensitive, whiny, crybaby Millenials that are coming up behind us.  God help this country.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera