Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 61 of 79

I don't like having less energy. My kids and grandkids are very active and are busy all the time. I would love to join them in their walks up the mountains, picnics, swimming, etc. I just don't have the energy and stamina to do all these with them every time. When I go with them for one activity, say going on a picnic, I'm down for the next couple of days.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 79

The bodies immune system doesn’t protect you like it did when you were younger!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 79

My father used to say " Never regret growing older, many were denied the privilege ." However, I'm a few months away from 70 yrs old and when I was younger I raised 3 sons by myself worked and went to school. There were times when we had very little to eat but we made it and t&t&e all graduated high school and never had problems with police , drinking,  smoking or any trouble. I thought I was so blessed,  but they all married and that was the end of me. My middle son was closer to me but committed suicide at the age of 30....the other two don't have time for me and I'm in a wheelchair and alone ..they live near by,  but I'm lucky if I see them once or twice a year. .the worse thing about getting old is loneliness and bad health. ...an old saying I have is "One mother can raise 10 kids but, 10 kids can't help one mother. God help us all.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 79

The worst thing about getting older to me is that some of the younger generation take it for granted that because you are older, you can no longer think or figure out anything; that you are going into your second  childhood.  That doesn't really bother me to the point that I worry about it because I love the fact that when I open my mouth to get a point across, there is this surprised look.  I am still determined as I were when I was a teenager and I accept that the body gets old and that I can work with too.  Some male is always trying to get my attention, but having been without my late husband for 24 years, I take it with a grain of salt and I'll know when the right man comes along.  All-in-all, I am taking getting older in stride and being happy is my priority because nothing or no one lives forever.  .  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 79

Health and wealthand the the possibilty of losing or cutbacks to Medicare and Social Security by uncaring politicians!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 79

Number onw worst thing about getting old, is not being able to afford competent health care which includes dental and vision care.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 79

I agree with others and the issues they cited; aging body, fear of medical issues, outliving your savings, losing friends etc.  But my biggest issue is suddenly being treated like a child by some (younger) friends and especially my family.  Suddenly I apparently can't think for myself or work out the tiiest problem.  I can see why people get depressed as they age.  My body may be aching more but my mind is perfectly fine!   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 79

Seeing all the hyper-sensitive, whiny, crybaby Millenials that are coming up behind us.  God help this country.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 79

I've also found this to be true.  Even with a Cane, folks run or rush past me, cutting me off and it's difficult to stop without jolting the entire body.  Same happens with shopping carts.  I've been pushed aside while looking at food shelves in the grocer by a woman 30 to 40  years younger so she could get something off the shelf.  Perhaps is just our society is in such a rush or have not been taught manners.  I'm 79, brought up knowing to respect, give up a seat on Busses, open doors, allow elder to pass.  It's my time now and it doesn't exist.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 79

What worries me the most is the day I'll need to turn in my car keys and stop driving.  That loss of independence will be the day when I will truly feel OLD!   Smiley Sad

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors