Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Info Seeker

Re: What games to you play to keep your brain healthy?

Message 11 of 43

Can you share the website for the site for free games and learning new poker games?

Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 43

I like the online game site Pogo.  It's free, as long as you don't mind ads, or you can join Club Pogo for a fee & play ad-free.  They have Scrabble, Mahjong, Bingo, Bejeweled, Crosswords, Slots, Hidden objects, Word Whomp, Tumble Bees & so much more.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 43

Since I don't have anyone local to play Scrabble with (my favorite), I play Words with Friends online with my mother (she usually wins), and Boggle on line with her (I usually win).  I also play the Crickler puzzles online every day - also challenging against Mom.

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 14 of 43

I like reading responses as well, I love reading the comments that people make on the Yahoo articles which I read every day.  Photography has been a hobby of mine for more than 60 years and a good many of those photo's are of my dog, lol.

She's a pretty good little model.  Glad your cat likes to help you with your crafting, pets enrich our lives and we should do the same for them.

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 43

I enjoyed reading the responses... you all have given me some new ideas!

Variety keeps me more mentally on target. I play Sudoku, Scrabble Sprint, and Cryptoquotes online  (I highly recommend  this site, they have many onlines games that are all free to play):  https://www.memory-improvement-tips.com/scrabble-online-free.html

I also do crosswords on & off. But my favorite puzzles are the logic puzzles; the publishers sell bundles of puzzles from previous years at a deep discount and it's so much less expensive than a regular subscription (check out PennyDell online).

In addition, I read a lot-- daily-- and craft as well, which works my brain in a different way while my hands are aslo busy. Just started doing paper mosaic pictures, which can be maddening when my cat wants to help, but is a lot of fun!

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 16 of 43

I always loved Scrabble but when you play Scrabble online, it's been my experience that the rules are very lax, people can use words that really aren't words, they are spelled incorrectly but they get away with it.   Chess seems to be complicated to me. But, never knew anyone who had real experience with the game and my attention span can be very short at times.  I get bored with Solitaire because it's a "solitary" game and I like to play online games with other people.  I can play online Checkers with other players for a few hours without losing interest. I was surprised at how good some people are at that game.  I used to think it was a game for little kids but no.

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 43

My favorite games are Scrabble, Solitaire, Chess, & Cribbage.

~Sharon~
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 18 of 43
I get bored easily, never played games as a kid and discovered online Checkers. I play against other people and I think it's kind of fun.
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 43

I'm surprised that I haven't read chess in any of these replies.  Other than Go, there isn't any game more stimulating than chess.  I've been playing off and on since I was 15. I commute to NYC daily and it provides me with a way to pass the time on the train as I play against the app on my phone.

Harry

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 43

RUMMIKUB.... online and With Friends and I prefer to read lots

Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.