Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: I would not have marrid at 20

Message 1 of 26

Mimi, I hope you found happiness!  You certainly deserve it.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

I would not have marrid at 20

Message 2 of 26

At 20 I did not know myself well and did not know what to look for in a husband.  We raised a family and got along ok but as time went by it was obvious much was missing but we pretended to be a happy couple until our sixties when it all fell apart.  

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

TIME: We all have regrets-If you had a Do-Over what would that be?

Message 3 of 26

If I knew then what I know now I would not have wasted so much TIME foolishly.  I was extremely fortunate to have been raised by wonderful parents but I never really understood the true importance of family.   I never imagined how lonely life would be without the people who made my life so happy.  A loving FAMILY is everything!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Re: We all have regrets-If you had a Do-Over what would that be?

Message 4 of 26
Thank you .
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 26

@SharonM994442 wrote:

Janet- Please remember yesterday is gone and what you do today and in the future are what matter. With help that I hope you are getting, even though some days are hard, don't beat yourself up over the past. Now, I need to take my advice and do the same. I pray for both of us. Be strong!

Nice @SharonM994442 . Like the song goes...."get by with a little help with my friends". We all need some support and love to survive in such a difficult world!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 6 of 26

Janet- Please remember yesterday is gone and what you do today and in the future are what matter. With help that I hope you are getting, even though some days are hard, don't beat yourself up over the past. Now, I need to take my advice and do the same. I pray for both of us. Be strong!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 7 of 26

It's good that you can realize that. Sorry for what that 1 drink did to your life.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 8 of 26

Looking back, I would have kept going to Church when got to be a teenager and beyond. Most of all I would have prayed to God on all decisions, read and studied the Bible and prayed for God to lead me in His will for my life. If so, maybe wouldn't be on 3rd husband and have health and depression problems and deal with anxiety on daily basis.

SJ Marvin

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 9 of 26

If I could do anything over it would be to never take that first drink. Almost every failure, humiliation, lost relationship,  and my failing health and fractured dignity have happened because of my drinking habits.

Janet

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 10 of 26

I wish I had taken more chances and stepped out of my comfort zone when I was younger. Luckily I recognized this when my kids were young and pushed them to try new things. Now they are able to enjoy life more than I did.  I also wish I had taken more outings with my kids when they were young instead of waiting for my husband who always put work before his family.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask? Check out the Health Tips forum today