AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Re: Time Seems To Race By Faster As We Age

Message 1 of 33
Way it goes funny o enjoy doing things never had time to do computer an playing piano
Report Inappropriate Content
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 33

sh44696629 wrote:

As a 76 year old, It seems to me that it is a time to become more spiritual.  Reading energizes your brain  and there are so many spiritual books to read that there isn't enough time in ones day to contemplate the meaning of all these concepts. Bing mindful of every moment also slows the day down.  As we age, when you think about it, we are keeping up with information on the the internet, and new phones to learn.  For cry from yesteryear when our mom's or grandparents didn't have any of these things to think about.  I'm so happy to live in this age.  The innovations that we are now experiencing have brought to our minds so many concepts to absorb and be apart of.  I truly believe that our memory has become stronger by being in this age.Don't you think? Don't worry about it, just enjoy the ride and be happy.

I agree.   Love learning new things.  Wish I would have had this attitude back in high school.  Just was in a hurry to graduate.  One of my biggest regrets in life. 

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 33

As a 76 year old, It seems to me that it is a time to become more spiritual.  Reading energizes your brain  and there are so many spiritual books to read that there isn't enough time in ones day to contemplate the meaning of all these concepts. Bing mindful of every moment also slows the day down.  As we age, when you think about it, we are keeping up with information on the the internet, and new phones to learn.  For cry from yesteryear when our mom's or grandparents didn't have any of these things to think about.  I'm so happy to live in this age.  The innovations that we are now experiencing have brought to our minds so many concepts to absorb and be apart of.  I truly believe that our memory has become stronger by being in this age.Don't you think? Don't worry about it, just enjoy the ride and be happy.

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 33

Spot on Larry. I've been explaining it the same way for many years. It's basically MATH along with human gift of perception. Once explained, nearly everyone understands the concept.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 33
Spot on Larry. I've been explaining it the same way for many years. It's basically MATH along with human gift of perception. Once explained, nearly everyone understands the concept.
Info Seeker

Message 6 of 33

Being retired, most of my friends agree that they don't know how they ever found time to work.  What we fail to remember is that whatever we are doing now, weather it is physical or mental, it takes longer.  Thats why time flys so fast.  I am not capable of doing anything as quickly as I did 50 or 60 years ago. I can't walk as fast, I don't drive as fast, I don't dress as fast, I don't run up stairs two at a time any more, my mind is in slow motion I don't comprehend what has been said and it takes longer to generate a response.  For me success arrived when I accepted the fact that I was not capable of competing with the young. Now I just  stand aside and let them run.  

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 33

John511 wrote:
Try 1 ply paper, it will last a little longer.

Maybe...but you have to use twice as much.  so maybe comes out the same

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 33
Yes. Time goes faster every year,.
Info Seeker

Message 9 of 33
YES.