Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize. Nominations close March 31!

Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Memory Issues :(

Message 11 of 15

@p76982b... Hopefully you are staying hydrated???? N.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

@retiredtraveler - Good point; the brain & body affect each other!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Well, I'm certainly not a doctor, but I do know that severe anemia can cause 'brain fog'. The question is: Are you aggressively addressing the anemia? One should not be 'severely' anemic if addressing the underlying cause of the anemia. Do you need B12 injections? Are you eating the proper foods? Are you taking supplements?

I would assume your doctor is on this and has determined if you have absorption issues, drink too much, have celiac disease. That is, he has found the underlying issues or ruled some out.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

I realize this isn't an instant fix, but I'm reading a wonderful book titled, "Why Isn't My Brain Working?" by Datis Kharrazian. It's a fat book, but someone a layman can understand, and filled with case studies of real people who had mental & physical issues, that were due to brain/body imbalances. The book also mentions the doctors in these various case studies, so you might find someone in your area who wants to help normalize the body .. rather than just prescribe a medication that only masks symptoms.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Memory Issues :(

Message 15 of 15

Good morning. I'm 56. For the past couple of years I have experienced diminished short term memory. (Sometimes long term ain't that hot either. Lol.) My doctor did a quick Q and A in the office and said nothing is wrong! My Mom had dementia at 76. I know I am severely anemic and when my B12 is low it's worse. Does anyone have suggestions or helpful hints. I'm quite concerned. Thanks in advance.  Woman Sad

Patricia and Leland
Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies