From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keep your mind challenged and sharp that's the way you will stay young forever!

Message 11 of 13

@Soosie @SateeshL  I say you both rock! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Keep your mind challenged and sharp that's the way you will stay young forever!

Message 12 of 13
@SateeshL......Good for you! I am way past retirement age. As a matter of fact I was in my 70's when the in house recruiter called me to come work for the company I now work for. I presented myself as forward thinking, showing knowledge about how the company operates, and how I could contribute right away. I have gone back to school a few times to learn new skills or polish some older ones. I get along with the younger people around me. I work for a large IT company and we are in multiple states. Sometimes when I have helped a young man with a problem, he will send me an IM to tell me I rock. I smile and think, "Yep, I rock and it is not in a rocker on the porch." I have a passion for writing and am exploring avenues that will actually pay me for the humor I write. I hope to be active and challenged up to to the end.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Keep your mind challenged and sharp that's the way you will stay young forever!

Message 13 of 13

An insatiable hunger for new worlds, new careers, new environments will keep your mind alert and fight aging. My personal experience reflects this: I graduated from Durham University in England in Engineering and worked in that field in Automotive, Defense and Aerospace. Then I moved into Production and later into Management. Then I changed careers again to get a Masters degree in Information Technology and Business Administration and rose up the ladder of global corporations taking on increasing responsibilities till I reached the Executive board of Directors as Chief Information Officer. I have always loved the challenge of pioneering operational excellence on a global basis in Supply Chains, Social Networks, Data Mining and CRM. Best of all I liked creating winning teams.

Then I retired and I took on new challenges as Chief Babysitter for my grandchildren, but after they no longer depended on me completely, I launched a new career, deliberately choosing a field I had not known - Real Estate. I studied hard, passed all the Sales Agent exams, Broker exams, and then added Mortgage Broker credentials and experience. Because of my background, I quickly carved out a niche in global Real Estate. So now I travel extensively on business and pleasure(with family) and stay alert and inquisitive in new countries, continents(Patagonia for example) so I am never bored or feel old.  

You too can stay young!

SmartRealtor
Kudos
Views
Replies