Looking for a part-time job? AARP's online career fair Jan. 24 can help! Register for free.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Healthy Habits

Message 1 of 19

Every morning I read my bible, study my Sunday School lesson (I'm a Sunday School teacher) and complete a crossword puzzle.  It calms my soul and rejuvenates my mind. I love my mornings.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

I remember doing this when in school....good thing to think about again.   I am bringing up a lot of my writings from 8 - 10 years ago and reworking some.  I think that it is time I begin writing again.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19

Sounds like a good way to start the day.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19

I am not one of those who wake up and ready to jump into the day. But my mental and physical attitude is very important. So, what I do to get started for the day is first to make my coffee and while enjoying my first cup I open my G Pad. There are some great brain teasers and games to jump-start my brain cells. I note my progression from the day before and if I am within the range that's ok but there are times my scores are higher. That is when I take notice and record what I have done differently. It may be the way I slept or many other differences. But the point is to keep my brain alert and possibly improving. I have noticed when I have higher scores with my brain games my day is much more productive. That gives me incentives to increase my brain and mind function each morning. For me, this is easier and better than immediate exercise and telling myself I will have a great day.   

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

Every day I make it a habit to learn a "NEW WORD" and use it in a sentence.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: SOME OF THE HEALTHIEST HABITS FOR OUR BRAIN

Message 6 of 19
Well said
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19

Food for the brain and changings

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

SOME OF THE HEALTHIEST HABITS FOR OUR BRAIN

Message 8 of 19

The best thing to maintain a healthy brain is achieved by doing the things you like. Personally, I love reading a good book, I love painting because it makes my brain invent and reinvent itself, I like to sing because I feel like a true artist and I enjoy it very much. Our brain needs to be in an active environment but also relaxed where it feels comfortable and so that it can function properly.

RELAX YOURSELF

RELAX YOUR MIND

RELAX YOUR BODY

RELAX YOUR SOUL

RELAX YOUR LIFE WITH SIMPLICITY BECAUSE IT IS PRICELESS.

SILENCE:  NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT IN LIFE THAN THE WONDERFUL TASTE OF SILENCE, BECAUSE IT BRINGS PEACE TO YOUR BEING. JUST RELAX YOUR BRAIN.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19

I do the same and indeed it gives a good start to the day with gratitude for what the good Lord gives to me.  

In 2010 I started a living healthy journey and have lost 128 lbs so far, it's indeed a journey and lifestyle change.  My best advice to anyone is to make SMALL goals they are so much easier to reach. The second piece of advice when making any change is to have patience, it doesn't happen over night it takes time and commitment. I don't take any meds and my form of exercise has only been walking and just being out and about enjoying life.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19

Every morning when I open my eyes and before I put my feet on the floor, I say, “Thank you, God, for a new day.” Much has been written about gratitude and how it can improve your mental strength and open doors to possibilities. I find that having an attitude of gratitude is one of the easiest ways to improve one’s satisfaction with life. Now, I confess, there are some mornings when I open my eyes and making a quick assessment of the day about to unfold, I will add… “Thank you, God, for a new day. Now, help me get through it.” This simple prayer always lifts me up.

Kudos
Views