Take 25 percent off the cost of the award-winning AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code ‘BHM’ for savings.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Healthy Habits

Message 21 of 25

Wake with a positive attitude about the day and ready to be happy,productive for that day.Big  on exercise and eating right.Always try to learn something new and challenging each day of the week and don’t give up if you feel it’s to hard,stay with it.What you accomplish on that day makes for a great day. Happy 2019😄

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

Very impressive! Congrats and continued success!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

My father always said one had to stretch themselves daily.   I play about 4 different mind games daily as well as read and stay active with young people as well as those my own age.

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25

I actually have several daily habits or routines which I attribute to my brain health.  First is to exercise every day, and that could be anything from run/walk, going to the gym, swimming (in warmer weather), petting my dogs and goats, or doing work on my farm with my loving animals watching me. Second is to listening to music at dinnertime, preferably Baroque or Renaissance. Third is to play music on my piano or recorder or write articles for an online magazine.  And last is to communicate daily via email with relatives and penpals who live either in other states or other countries (pen pals).  And I'll add one more - I try to respond to all the questions posed in the AARP community.  These habits/routines give my brain diversity as well as a mental and emotional uplift.  I guess these things must be working because I earned a PhD in Natural Medicine in March.   P.S. I'm looking forward to my 80th birthday in July.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views
Replies

Healthy Habits

Message 25 of 25

Do you have a daily routine to keep your brain healthy?  What is it?  Share it here with others.”

Kudos
Views
Replies