Community Manager
Community Manager

Everyday Reasoning

problem solving.jpgWe solve problems every day, one right after the other. Deciding what to do, when to do and how to do it is problem-solving. Every day I think about and plan the meals I am going to make, and then I act. What are the common problems that you solve?

Specific exercises and practice may increase your problem-solving skills. Problem-solving skills are vital to have as you age because they help you maintain your independence.

Want to take more control of your daily life and routines? Get started with the Everyday Reasoning Challenge from AARP Staying Sharp now.

Contributor

Deciding what to do (first), when to do and HOW to do it ..."   Very difficult when faced with many serious problems !!

Community Manager
Community Manager

I completely understand where you are coming from. It's very difficult and overwhelming to problem solve when facing many serious and complicated problems. Have you found other helpful ways to solve problems?

0 Kudos
Contributor

That is one of the reasons I retired, so I do not have to solve problems every day, I now have time to do a Scarlett O'Hara, "I can't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow" .  I believe that by the time you are a certain age you should have enough life experience to apply to everyday life that you do not need a lot of time to do problem-solving.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Even if retired, for many people "problem-solving" depends on the problem(s) one is facing (e.g. financial, and maybe health-related), which do not have simple solutions. 

Regular Contributor

Being a small business owner, my days are filled with nothing but problem solving. Lol! Like with your meal planning, a big one for me is analyzing sales to determine when I need to make the next batch of products. 

The other daily puzzle is developing new products...determining what the market needs, formulating said product (balancing cost, availability, FDA regulations, potential interactions, etc), getting packaging designed and made...it's juggling on a whole other level!!

-Mark

www.foragingtexas.com
www.medicinemanplantco.com
YouTube: DrMerriwether