Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Re: End Alzheimer's, 6th Leading and Most Costly Cause of Death

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 6 (5,320 Views)

Fluoride is a neurotoxic chemical that is implicated in the rise of Alzheimer's in our generation. Not only is fluoride a poison that crosses the brain barrier on its own, all samples of flouride products used by communities to fluoridate their water supplies in a 2014 study were contaminated with ALUMINUM. That's not surprising since: 

1. - Fluoride has an affinity for binding with aluminum only second to its affinity for binding with bone 
  2. - Fluoride used in water originate in the smokestacks of aluminum and phosphate industries. 

There are a series of animal and human studies going back 20 years showing that exposure to fluoride lessens the ability of rats to perform well in mazes and on children to learn. 

Baby Boomers - don't think its just a matter of buying bottled water. We absorb it through our skin when we bathe in it and it is in our food that has been watered with it. And... it can't be easily filtered out. For an extra bonus, fluoride builds up in our bones where it causes or worsens arthritis. Petition the AARP and local communities to TAKE THE F OUT! 

1. - 2014 in International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24999851
  2. - 2015 in Neurotoxicology and Teratology:
  3. a. Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25446012 
  4. b. Author blog: http://braindrain.dk/2014/12/mottled-fluoride-debate/ 
  5. - The latest 2014 rat study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24184405
  6. - The first 1995 rat study: 
  7. a. Abstract: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7760776
  8. b. Letter from Dr. Mullenix summarizing implications: http://www.nofluoride.com/mullenix_bsa.cfm

Alzheimers is awful! We need to do everything we can to prevent it, and that means removing as many neurotoxins from our environment as we can.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 6 (5,466 Views)
retiredtraveler wrote:

Perhaps your CEO could fund this effort.

Compensation% of Expenses Paid to Title  

$2,731,016 1.10% Harry JohnsPresident, CEO

I'm sorry I didn't see this discussion, and your post to it earlier! That's one of the first things I check on Charity Navigator .. how much they pay their executives!

If you look at their list of similar organizations, one is "Cure Alzheimer's", which has a higher overall rating: http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=12603

In contrast, their revenue is $9 million .. yet their CEO isn't compensated by them. His compensation from "affiliates" is less than $200K .. wow; what a difference!!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 6 (5,635 Views)

Perhaps your CEO could fund this effort.

Compensation% of Expenses Paid to Title  

$2,731,016 1.10% Harry JohnsPresident, CEO

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 6 (5,663 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 6 (6,384 Views)
In Response to End Alzheimer's, 6th Leading and Most Costly Cause of Death:

I remember notifying your organization about THE BRAIN HUMAN by Tommy Fraga back in 2011 and how much it helped me and so many others.  I was told by one of your agents that you were not interested.  So please don't tell us that you care about finding a cure when you do not.

If you did care, you would contact Fraga at his website and order one of his books for everyone of the families of the victims of Alzheimer's disease.  They at least deserve to try his program and see if it works for their loved ones they care for.

As for me, it was the cure for my symptoms.
Info Seeker

End Alzheimer's, 6th Leading and Most Costly Cause of Death

Message 6 of 6 (6,385 Views)

Alzheimer’s’ disease is the 6th leading cause of death in the US, and the number of people that die each year has risen 66% since 2000.  Alzheimer’s is the only disease in the top 10 causes of death without a way to prevent it, cure it or slow down its progression.  Trials of medications/treatments  that initially promised to slow or treat the disease have not worked.  Death rates for other major diseases have declined.  This has been as a result of the government’s commitment to research.  The National Institutes for Health spends 6 billion a year on cancer, 4 billion on heart disease and 3 billion on AIDS research, yet spends only $480 MILLION on Alzheimer’s research and deaths are soaring.  One in 9 Americans over age 65 has the disease.  With the aging of baby boomers like me, the numbers of Americans with Alzheimer’s will likely reach between 13.5 and 16 million by 2050.  Most boomers will spend their retirement years either with Alzheimer’s or caring for someone who has it.  The trouble is that folks can live many years with the devastating effects of this illness, and it takes its toll on caregivers as well. In my case, I have already experienced the disease with my mom, dad, aunt and a friend.  You might think that finding a cure is expensive and the last thing  the government should do is right now is to spend money on this research.  Well, think of this.  Today, America’s families, insurers and the government spend $203 billion caring for people with Alzheimer’s and related dementia.  Over the next 40 years, Alzheimer’s will cost us over $20 TRILLION dollars.  This is enough to pay off the national debt and still send a $20,00 check to every man, woman and child in America. 

So here is where I am going to ask for your help. Please ask your congressmen and senators to: make Alzheimer's research a priority and support funding to the NIH; sponsor legislation such as The Hope Act that will ensure diagnosis and care planning for people with Alzheimer's Disease; join the bipartisan Congressional Alzheimer's task force whose objective is to be able to cure or have more effective treatments by 2025.  Isn’t this better than having Medicare and Medicaid continue to spend $140 billion a year on Alzheimer's care? Our representatives count and keep track of every post card, call, and visit they receive on each matter, so it does MATTER for you to make this effort. 

In Massachusetts I would like to thank the following legislators for joining the Bipartisan Alzheimer's Task Force and or signing onto the Hope of Alzheimer's Act. I would like to especially thank Congressman Joseph Kennedy III who took time from his busy schedule to be honorary chair at the Walk to End Alzheimer's in Fall River. 

TASK FORCE                                          HOPE ACT

Senator Edward J. Markey                    Y                                                          Y

Senator Elizabeth Warrrn                       _                                                          

Rep. Richard E. Neal                             Y                                                          _

Rep. James P. McGovern                      Y                                                          Y

Rep. Niki Tsongas                                Y                                                           Y

Rep. Joseph Kennedy III                       Y                                                           Y

Rep.  John F. Tierney                          Y                                                           Y

Rep. Michael E. Capuano                     Y                                                           Y

Rep.  Stephen F. Lynch                        Y                                                           Y

Rep. Bill Keating                                  _                                                            Y

Adding your voice to your representative/senators will reinforce the urgency for them to not only join, but also act to pass legislation providing  the necessary resources  required for Alzheimer's  research and encourage early diagnosis for more cost effective care planning for those afflicted with the disease. 

Contact at: www.house.gov/representatives/find/www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators

Alzheimer’s can't wait!  It needs to be a priority NOW. Thank you.

Alexis Dandreta

Volunteer Advocate/Ambassador

Alzheimer's Association