Test Your Knowledge About Long-Term Care with AARP’s Long-Term Care Quiz

Info Seeker

Re: Do you play computer games? Games with your kids or grandchildren? You should!

Message 11 of 31 (7,629 Views)

I play games on the computer by myself as  my three older granddaughters play games I do not understand.  They haven't learn how to have patience to explain the rules SLOWLY to their grand mother.  My youngest granddaughter and I play non computer games and we have a ball.

Info Seeker

Re: Do you play computer games? Games with your kids or grandchildren? You should!

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 31 (7,450 Views)
I work for a company that creates mobile games and we have had a lot of feedback from mature players writing to us and telling us that they really enjoyed our game because it made them engage their brain with puzzles which required them to think logically, while at times requiring them to think laterally too.

We were very surprised to receive these types of comments (and in such large numbers) as our game is not aimed at any particular age group. However, from the comments we received, it does appear that the more mature players were fairly concerned with their mental health and were essentially using puzzle games to keep their minds sharp and focused.

It was never our intention for our games to work in such a way, but if our games can help in such respect, then all the better for everyone.

I have attached a link to our Mystery Castle game, which is completely free (and without ads, in-app purchases or any such nonsense) for anyone with an Android device who wants to give it a try.

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 31 (7,450 Views)
yes i play computer gamespl

ay some games 
Conversationalist

Message 14 of 31 (7,450 Views)
Yes I do. I play Disney's Ghosts of Mistwood, Candy Crush Saga, Bubble Blitz and several slot machine games. I enjoy pitting my diminished wits against the computer. Sometimes I even win!
Info Seeker

Message 15 of 31 (7,448 Views)
Yes I have a Play Station 3 and a Wii. I love to play but it is hard to get friends my age to play.
Info Seeker

Message 16 of 31 (7,448 Views)
Yes, with or without the grands, I play all kinds. We play IPad and board games.
Info Seeker

Message 17 of 31 (7,447 Views)
I Play Video Games every day. Either in the Android Phone, My Nintendo 3DS, Sony PSP {Nah I Do Not have A Vita Yet}, Sony Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Nintendo WII-U... I am retired so I have time to TRY to Relax.. I Build Plastic Models and collect World War II Books and Items.. I Keep Real Busy besides the 2 kids we have {Boy 33, Girl 28}
We do not have any Grand Children only Grand PUPS and I cant get them to hold the controllers right {HaHa}
Super Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 31 (7,447 Views)
I'm the video champion at the home!
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 31 (7,446 Views)
In Response to Do you play computer games? Games with your kids or grandchildren? You should!:
There are plenty of studies that now show improved brain health when playing online games.  http://blog.aarp.org/2013/09/06/zoom-zoom-video-games-may-help-make-old-brains-act-young-again/   So we are curious how many of you do this already?
Posted by AARPTeri

I play computer games frequently, with or without company.  Mostly by myself.  I like them because they make me think in ways that I don't think during the course of a "typical" day.
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 31 (7,446 Views)
I love to play games on my iPad. My favorites are Scrabble, words with Friends and Spider Solitaire!