AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: Did you know taking a nap is good for you?

Message 21 of 23 (7,311 Views)
It's amazing, when I was younger, much younger, taking a nap would make me feel awful when I got up. Now it's a different story Taking a  half hour to an hour nap makes me feel great and gives me energy. I don't take one all the time ,my body tells me when I'm ready for one.
Community Manager

Did you know taking a nap is good for you?

Message 22 of 23 (7,286 Views)
A nap's ability to boost mental processes could be useful for people such as air traffic controllers and military personnel. A study conducted at NASA on military pilots and astronauts found that a 40-minute nap improved overall performance by 34 percent and alertness by 100 percent.

As an added benefit, research also suggests that a nap can improve scores on tests of creative problem solving.

So yes, if you can nap you should!
AARPTeri
Community Manager

Did you know taking a nap is good for you?

Message 22 of 23 (6,770 Views)
A nap's ability to boost mental processes could be useful for people such as air traffic controllers and military personnel. A study conducted at NASA on military pilots and astronauts found that a 40-minute nap improved overall performance by 34 percent and alertness by 100 percent.

As an added benefit, research also suggests that a nap can improve scores on tests of creative problem solving.

So yes, if you can nap you should!
AARPTeri