Tell Congress to stop Rx greed and cut prices now! Here’s how. 

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Challenge Your Brain

Message 1 of 10

I play lumosity - the brain challenger games- the free one of course and it's loads of fun.  Your brain will be moved in different ways.  I also do games on Facebook with people from around the world.  One I really enjoy is Texas Holdem Poker.  Another mind bender is Pyramid Solitaire!  I play with 70 people. The good thing is you don't have to play friends, you can play with anybody.  Want a fun game and so cute, with adorable music? - check out Panda Pop, my granddaughter introduced me to this game and it's another favorite!

want to battle MONSTERS?  Yes, big ugly monsters- yes, they are tricky- but you have help, weapons- Monster Busters-!

This game is a real mind Bender in soooooooo  many ways,a real challenge- Lost Jewels-

I also like Pet rescue Saga, it's a cute game trying to rescue pets, dogs, cats, etc.

Dont like Facebook- well just play games like I do- you don't have to socialize- just Retrain Your Brain and Have Fun doing it!!!!

oh, one last game you can play with your grandchildren, Truth or Dare,  you can do it however you like and We All Love it! Improvise!! It's an App.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Word search puzzles are helpful there are books of them you can pick up 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

I'm 76..   At 50 I took a painting lession at the local highschool and it evolved into a really nice hobby..   At 70 I began studying the cello...   At 74 I switched and began studying classical guitar..   (It's easier to carry)..     Also I do crosswords, sudoko and read quantum physics for fun (was just curious, turned out to be interesting)..    I also take care of an eight acre property by  myself, mowing, gardening, clearing snow.  Do it all under the loving eye of my wife, 63, who still works as a registered nurse..   Trick is - Don't think about the age, its only a meaningless number - still think I'm 30....

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

I exercise both my brain and my body daily. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

I am a newsletter editor of a women's organization and use the computer and Internet extensively.  I also hit the treadmill for an hour every other day. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Word Search Puzzles

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

I appreciate your effort to recover your health and getting good marks in examination as well. Only a few have this kind of strength to fight with difficult situations and make a great victory. Hats off to you.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

You don't need anything elaborate. Reading, both for pleasure and understanding what is happening in the world might help. Also, simply working out, eating right, and interacting with people (such as doing volunteer work) help. Trying to do puzzles or games is only a small part.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Several years ago, I was involved in a car accident that resulted in a traumatic brain injury. I was on my way home from the university where I’d just started a Master’s program. Doctors told me I was looking at a 10-year recovery. Fifteen months later, I still had no short term recall. Lacking patience, I took it upon myself to research my disability. This was a challenge because I was unable to comprehend or retain much of what I read so I took copious notes. Clearly, there is value in playing brain games, eating brain foods (Omega 3), trying new things, physical exercise, etc. 

In my research, I discovered a simple way to spur brain cell growth: Use all five senses at one time. For example: While reading (eyes) and holding a book in your hands (touch), listen to soothing music (sound), burn an aromatic candle (smell) and pop a mint into your mouth (taste). This not only helps memory, but creativity and much more. This I continue to do.

About three years into my recovery, I returned to school against doctor's advise. It took a bit longer to earn my degree, but I graduated with a 4.0.  I gave myself an A+ for perseverance.

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views
Replies

Challenge Your Brain

Message 10 of 10

What do you do to challenge your brain? Please share your tips here with others.

Kudos
Views
Replies