You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Safe Driving course! Use code BELLS to save 25 percent now.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Before I Forget - Video Game 4 Alzheimers

Message 1 of 1

Dementia can be scary and this new game offers hope in dealing with it.

Dear CNET Members,

Happy Tuesday, folks! As the holiday season is rapidly approaching, I thought I’d remind you of this awesome giveaway we here at CNET are hosting. Every year we do a Holiday Gift Guide where we scour the web for the best tech deals around. This year with that very same gift guide, we decided to give away to five lucky winners the gift of their choice. As long as it’s priced between $100 and $250, it could be yours! Don’t forget to read the rules carefully, and don’t hesitate to enter; the giveaway ends Sunday, Nov. 18. Now on to this week’s topic: The video game that helps us understand dementia.

Getting old is a fact of life. It’s unavoidable. Either it’s us, or someone we know, and it’s never easy. Illnesses such as dementia can make this fact of life that much harder. I’ll always remember around the age of 10, I was at a cousin’s wedding seated near my grandpa. Everything was going well, and then at one point my grandpa turns to me and introduces himself as if we’ve never met. I was confused as 10-year-old me didn’t fully understand the ramifications of this interaction. I had later learned he developed Alzheimer’s. As I age and in turn, my parents and grandparents age, it can be difficult to realize and accept these types of changes. The video game Before I Forget is changing people’s perception of dementia, and in some ways even helping them understand it more.

I recommend giving the article a good read. Not only does it explain what the game is, but the article itself is very touching. If you are currently going through this or have before, the game may help you cope in ways you never thought of. Feel free to share in the comments your own story, or perhaps if you plan on purchasing this video game. If so, I hope it helps. Thanks, folks, that’s all I have for today!

Nicolas Towner / Audience Development Intern

Source - https://www.cnet.com/news/the-video-game-that-helped-me-understand-my-grandmas-dementia/#comments?ft...

( " “I don’t want to see the Republican Party ride to political victory on the Four Horsemen of Calumny — Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry, and Smear.”) Margaret Chase Smith

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies