Highlighted

Re: Are you taking care of your mental health?

Message 1 of 21

yes

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 21

As a "senior" of many many years. I have always been worried, when I have seen others forget words or even falling into Dementia in their older years. Many years ago, I discover that getting involved in computers sharpened my brain. by making me think is a different manner. 
After years of becoming quite knowledgeable in this area. I also discovered playing computer games, made me exercise  my brain, because of the amount of things that I have to memorize when playing.
I find that I can recall words in a quicker manner that I used to. and when I loose a word. I try to associate it to others so that they "stay" in my brain.

no name
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 21

I like a frequent  written or mental gratitude list.  Aside from moments of beauty and interest in nature , like animals or walk in shade or nice flowers, I recall periods  in my life of  more enjoyable  times. I also enjoy a brief time to recall a person who noted my  prior or recent help or themself were  showing they were appreciative.  We elder citizens , in this bad pandemic time have, for an  unknown time period, given up majority of our established  support net of varied social outings  &  support groups. Movie streaming, reading, some walks in nature great, but fall  short. Our loss is not compensated from New sources, we just suffer loss.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Message 4 of 21

i live alone, i have no family to think of, i have friends but not the kind to call up, visit ect. so you can see what i have to look forward to. i have no one except god to talk to & that is all i need. i live because what else can i do? i love living alone i hate to have anyone in my house for more than 30 minutes so as you can see i don't need "company" to keep me mentally fit. all i need is GOD & financial assets to live a good life. i'll see my family again some day!

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 5 of 21

Stacy, I responded but it posted below. I'm new to this forum and not familiar with how it works yet.

Highlighted
Periodic Contributor

Message 6 of 21

Stacy, you don't sound good.  What's going on (besides the obvious - the virus)?  Are you talking to anyone, getting out, distracting yourself from those monkeys you mentioned?

Highlighted
Contributor

Message 7 of 21

Yes, many from the hard-core MMOP to Uno. I just learned about Settlers of Caatan online. I'm more hard-core so I like games like Skyrim and Division, but my family settles in for Monopoly and D&D on TTS. 

Highlighted

Message 8 of 21

So these are games you can play on the computer with others? Please explain – I’m not familiar

Highlighted

Message 9 of 21

Lots of stretching and walking. I find a good book is a great way to forget about all the craziness that’s happening in the world right now. I find a few people to call or text every week and even though they may not be reaching out to me I feel better for making an effort to stay in touch.

Highlighted

Message 10 of 21

Absolutely not taking care of me. Complete and utter disgust.

Monkeys in my head that "POP UP" has turned into Wack-a-Mole® game.

Is there ever relief?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask? Check out the Health Tips forum today