Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

Affirmation Tea - Sept 2021

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all have had a glorious week. I'm enjoying the cooler temps we're having right now and I'm excited to transition to fall. I can't wait for the seasonal produce that comes with autumn, and I'm already thinking about new dishes I can make. What are you looking forward to?

One positive thing that I've embraced during COVID times is mindfulness. Research shows that regularly practicing meditation and mindfulness can help you focus more effectively, relieve stress and enhance your happiness. Being present takes practice and effort. It's not always easy, but showing up for yourself in small ways may make a big difference when it comes to mental health. Now, for this week's affirmation โฌ‡๏ธ

Affirmation 27.png

I like to say this to myself while meditating. I sometimes imagine colors while I say these words. The calm I breathe in is blue/purple, while the stress I breathe out is red/orange. What mindfulness practices have you discovered that you enjoy?

To affirm for yourself, reply with ๐ŸŽ or "yes."

Sending all of you light and peace. See y'all next week ๐Ÿ’œ

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, and happy fall! I love this time of year. Perhaps it's because I'm an October baby, or maybe it's because I love sweaters and flannel. Whatever the reason may be, I'm looking forward to getting outside and taking in the fresh air and fall colors. Speaking of outside, check out these 8 National Parks that are their best during fall ๐Ÿ‚

Have you ever done something you regretted? Mucked things up, made a mistake? Being flawed makes us human, and misstepping is an inevitable part of our journey. When I find myself messing up, I like to use affirmations to re-center myself so I can move forward with intention and purpose. Neutralizing negativity is a superpower, and that leads me to this week's affirmation โฌ‡๏ธ

Affirmation 29.png

To affirm for yourself, reply with ๐Ÿ or "yes."

I hope you all find some time to enjoy the outdoors soon. Until next week! ๐Ÿ’œ

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon, my wonderful affirmation tea amigos! How was your week? Hispanic Heritage Month is here! Test your knowledge and see how much you know about Hispanic heritage in the US.

This year has been a journey of self-awareness for me. One thing I've been learning to do better is to tune into my body and to better understand the signals it sends me. This is one of the ways I'm working to be more present. It takes practice, and I definitely still find moments where I'm not at all tuned into those signals, but it's something I'm continually working on. That leads me to this week's affirmation โฌ‡๏ธ

Affirmation 28.png

Many people don't pay attention to or know how to interpret the signals their bodies send them. As I've been on this self-awareness trip, one thing I've learned is those gut feelings are instincts, and you should always trust your instincts. Are there signals you've become more attuned to? What has helped you become more self-aware?

To affirm for yourself, reply with ๐Ÿ” or "yes."

Wishing you all a splendid weekend! I hope you find time for yourself to fill your cup.

Visit AARP Staying Sharp for additional brain health activities and information.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

๐ŸŽ

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP