Community Manager
Community Manager

Affirmation Tea - Sept 2021

Happy Friday, friends! I hope you all have had a glorious week. I'm enjoying the cooler temps we're having right now and I'm excited to transition to fall. I can't wait for the seasonal produce that comes with autumn, and I'm already thinking about new dishes I can make. What are you looking forward to?

One positive thing that I've embraced during COVID times is mindfulness. Research shows that regularly practicing meditation and mindfulness can help you focus more effectively, relieve stress and enhance your happiness. Being present takes practice and effort. It's not always easy, but showing up for yourself in small ways may make a big difference when it comes to mental health. Now, for this week's affirmation ⬇️

Affirmation 27.png

I like to say this to myself while meditating. I sometimes imagine colors while I say these words. The calm I breathe in is blue/purple, while the stress I breathe out is red/orange. What mindfulness practices have you discovered that you enjoy?

To affirm for yourself, reply with 🍎 or "yes."

Sending all of you light and peace. See y'all next week 💜

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good afternoon, my wonderful affirmation tea amigos! How was your week? Hispanic Heritage Month is here! Test your knowledge and see how much you know about Hispanic heritage in the US.

This year has been a journey of self-awareness for me. One thing I've been learning to do better is to tune into my body and to better understand the signals it sends me. This is one of the ways I'm working to be more present. It takes practice, and I definitely still find moments where I'm not at all tuned into those signals, but it's something I'm continually working on. That leads me to this week's affirmation ⬇️

Affirmation 28.png

Many people don't pay attention to or know how to interpret the signals their bodies send them. As I've been on this self-awareness trip, one thing I've learned is those gut feelings are instincts, and you should always trust your instincts. Are there signals you've become more attuned to? What has helped you become more self-aware?

To affirm for yourself, reply with 🔍 or "yes."

Wishing you all a splendid weekend! I hope you find time for yourself to fill your cup.

Visit AARP Staying Sharp for additional brain health activities and information.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

🍎

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Try the new AARP Perks browser tool! Get timely reminders about AARP resources, discounts, and other member benefits as you browse online. Install AARP Perks now.

AARP Perks

Members Can Play More

Membership unlocks free online games and puzzles including classic Atari Games. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health