Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

checkout at AARP Rewards

I have been through three service agents- all really tried to help.  I am unable to checkout because of one credit card address issue.  Now I cannot check out using any of my credit cards (another address).   I have checked all three credit card issuers- the only one that shows a decline is ther first one, and it is before I contacted AARP.  The issue is not my credit card issuers are declining- it is your site that somehow has blocked me.  I was told 5 to 7 business days for a message to get to your back office .   Isn't there a quicker way to unblock so I can purchase my Christmas gifts.

Thanks

Community Concierge

@danahcook We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. This checkout issue was escalated to our escalations team yesterday when you called in. The escalations team is actively working on the case and you can expect a response within 3-5 business days. Let me know if there's anything I can do, I'm here to help!

Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Contacted support but they were unable to help so cannot purchase gift cards which is whybI joined AARP in the first place.

Community Concierge

@tonif777155 I reviewed your account and I see you made purchases today as well as last month. Let me know if you're continuing to have any issues. If you'd like to send me a private message with more details, the steps to send that can be found here: How to Send a Private Message

Contributor

I really wish AARP could get their act together with the rewards checkout.  This morning I tried to purchase two gift cards and no matter what operating system or browser I tried, I could not checkout.  I have them in my shopping cart but each time I try to proceed to checkout it just quits.  Maybe fire the 12 year old you have handling IT and hire a real company?  After the debacle last fall where my credit card was charged multiple times for transactions that never completed I had hoped your system would be fixed, but alas, no.

Community Concierge

@MartinD474387 So sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing, Martin! The Rewards checkout issue has been reported and our team is looking into it. Please check back later. 

Contributor

I am also having trouble checking out. I've tried different payment methods (including paypal; which I've successfully used in the past) and had family try for me using additional payment methods. All are saying something is wrong with my transaction. 

Screenshot_20230325_164449_Chrome.jpg

Please help

Community Concierge

@HeatherW576933 Hey Heather! I reviewed your account and I see that you were able to successfully purchase 5 gift cards. Please don't hesitate to reach out and let me know if you have any further issues with the site!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP