Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

When will the site be fixed to allow the purchase of gift cards?

Periodic Contributor

When will the site be fixed to allow the purchase of gift cards?

It's so frustrating that I have been trying to purchase gift cards for 2 days with no luck. I keep being told to just keep trying with no hope in sight. Someone please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Concierge

@CheriS603303 I'm terribly sorry for the frustration this has caused, Cheri. The AARP Rewards site is still experiencing intermittent issues and our team is working to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor

This is very frustrating.  It has been several days now.  How long does it take to fix a standard checkout process?  Every app/website has one. It's not rocket science!

Periodic Contributor

Over a week later, and the site is still not working. This is ridiculous! This is definitely more than a temporary system down. This is a huge inconvenience. 

Contributor

This is very inconvenient. Please get the cart going soon or come up with another solution. I too have a payment due for a cruise that I was relying on using gift cards. This could cost me hundreds of dollars that I would be saving by being able to purchase the cards.

Contributor

This is completely UNACCEPTABLE!!!!  The only reason I even have this membership is to purchase the cards and haven't been able to all week.  I think I've literally had some kind of issue EVERY TIME I've tried to buy cards on several occasions.  RIDICULOUS!!!!!  Get a sight that works or don't offer the perks!!!

Contributor

It is ridiculous. And I don't think anyone is working on it or it would have been solved and stayed solved. This has been happening off and on for months. 

Community Concierge

@CheriS603303 I'm terribly sorry for the frustration this has caused, Cheri. The AARP Rewards site is still experiencing intermittent issues and our team is working to get it fixed as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Why can’t we purchase gift cards on the phone? 

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@bobby97  Unfortunately, Rewards purchases can't be processed over the phone. The Rewards catalog is only available on the Rewards website. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

This is a common issue.  Today is 2/23/24 and this post goes back to 2022.  Please talk to AARP about allowing purchases over the phone since there are issues with the website.  What is the use of the membership if you cannot use it to access the rewards advertised on the AARP website?

Contributor

This is very frustrating.  It has been several days.  How long does it take to fix a standard checkout process?  Every app/website has one. It's not rocket science!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this. Having issues with this app. 

Is there an estimated time frame for when the gift card purchase issue will be fixed? Will it at least be fixed by the end of the month? I haven't been able to purchase 1 card this month! I was charged for some gcs multiple times. However, I never received any cards! And now, I'm unable to checkout period. If it doesn't get fixed by the end of the month, will we be allowed to purchase this month's cards with next month's? In other words, will I be able to purchase 10 gift cards next month if it's not fixed by September 30?

0 Kudos
Contributor

So this system has been down for several days and now AARP sends an email this morning with all the fantastic savings you can get with AARP Rewards.  Are you kidding me?  I guess the AARP marketing department didn't get the word.

Community Concierge

@JaniceS650905 Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated timeframe for resolution of the site issues. Our designated team is working to remedy the problem as soon as possible and we will publish more information as it becomes available. 

Did you receive any error messages when you were trying to purchase those GCs? Also, please check your card statement and confirm if the charges are pending or if they have posted. A pending charge will typically fall off within 72 hours when a transaction does not go through. Please don't hesitate to reach out and send me a private message if any of the charges post and you did not receive the GC email. The steps to send a private message can be found here: How to Send a Private Message

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Since the purchase of gift cards have been unavailable for 3 days is there any way to have one processed another way.  I have a deposit on a Princess cruise due by 4 on 9/27 and I really would like to save the $50 on the $500 gift card.

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@1powerguy I'm really sorry but the only way to purchase a gift card through the AARP Rewards program is through the AARP Rewards site. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Please have the team work quickly- commmited to using gift cards last night, then the cart will not allow checkout.  In danger of losing vacation if not fixed quickly

Thanks

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I went on Raise.com and bought $850 for $762. Just a suggestion if you're like me and can't wait on AARP.

Contributor

It's the year 2022 and you guys can't get a working cart?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP