Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: What are the benefits of joining AARP?

Message 1 of 6

Ok thanks.  I'm looking over that link now but just not seeing anything I currently use.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

Being a member of AARP gives you access to carefully chosen benefits. You already know about our discounts and how we connect you with insurance providers but that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We offer a wide range of programs, information, tools, and resources that are designed to offer real value in virtually every area of your life- including travel, health, fraud protection, work and jobs, entertainment, shopping and more. We also advocate for the issues that matter most to you and your family, on both a national and local level. As we like to say “There’s always more to discover” so be sure to check our website for the latest benefits: https://aarp.info/2Ww6QUh

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

I'm 51, still working full time, have Cigna insurance, and I don't travel or eat out much.  What benefit is AARP to me at this point in my life?  It doesn't look like there are any.

Kudos
Views
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Hi Sandy, simply put AARP provides you with a wealth of ways to save money, play, learn and volunteer. You’ll see this in the carefully chosen discounts, programs and services we offer. Each designed to offer real value in every area of your life — from travel, entertainment and insurance to fraud protection, health and advocating on your behalf for issues like Social Security and Medicare. Looking for the latest on the issues that are most important to you and your family? We publish 10 issues of our AARP Bulletin per year. Also interested in entertainment news and lifestyle tips? You’ll also receive the award-winning AARP The Magazine 6 times a year. Our full list of benefits is extensive so we’ve listed them all out here for your convenience: www.aarp.org/LearnAboutBenefits. We’re always here if you have any more questions!

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking on the ellipses option button (the three dots) in the top-right corner of the reply.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

While there are some benefits, they are decreasing their advocacy for us.  They've just announced dropping Silver Sneakers from their medi-gap policy.  How stupid.  

I fear this is the direction they are going.  More self interest in the organization that interest in helping those the organization was set up to benefit.

Ugly - like so much of corporate America today.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

What are the benefits of joining AARP?

Message 6 of 6

I'm trying to decide if I should join AARP.  Can you help me understand the benefits?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Rewards for Good announcement banner with end date