Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Travel Reservations Benefits

Message 1 of 2

I suppose this doesn't surprise me. Rates for hotels, motels, airlines, etc, are very competitive. The lowest rate might be found using something like Travelocity or Expedia (these two are now owned by the same company! who also owns several other travel sites), TripAdvisor (also owned by Expedia!), Kayak, etc. The cutthroat bargains may be greater than regular discounts for AARP, Military, auto club, etc.

I check a number of sites for rates but then generally I've been going directly to the hotel website...rates are similar and there's generally a bonus for dealing direct. Not always. But I give it a shot. Same with rental cars, etc

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Travel Reservations Benefits

Message 2 of 2

We recently needed to make reservations for a couple of nights in a small town to see our granddaughter and family.  We used AARP service first and were not happy with the quoted rate and had seen a lower rate online on another site.  Turns out we finally went directly to the hotel and received a lower rate of nearly $40 per night on our room.  Does this happen often?  This should not happen and how often does it happen.. Right now very concerned about  AARP!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark