Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

The Hartford - Bait and Switch

Switched to The Hartford via AARP last November. Got my first renewal and my autos went up 29%. No explanation provided when I called. No tickets, claims, accidents either. 

So, what was a savings versus my previous insurance company is now more expensive. 

AARP- this feels like a slimy bait and switch. I'm going back to my former insurance company. 

*reposted to Benefits & Discounts forum

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Hartford to have this investigated for you. Please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or enable private messaging on their account. 

Thanks

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Just got off the phone with my prior insurance company and am most likely going back to them. Have until my policy ends on May 26th to decide. 

Meanwhile, now scratching my head as to how this can possibly be a "benefit" of AARP when I can get great rates without having my AARP membership. 

So, what do you all find that with your AARP membership that's worth it? 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there, here to help! We certainly understand your concern regarding Hartford. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Hartford to have this investigated for you. Please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or enable private messaging on their account. 

Thanks

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP