Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Re: Expedia Take 2

Message 1 of 4

Hi Susan, I'm assuming you emailed the Expedia Contact Center. I am with the Member Benefits team here at AARP, where we work with the Escalation Teams with our partnered providers, like Expedia. As requested previously, please send me a private message with the information below so I can have your concern forwarded over to the Escalation team at Expedia for their review & investigation. This way, we can ensure your issue is looked into and that you get a response.

- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact number
- Expedia Itinerary number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I responded to the email and sent via email my itinernary number. The customer service individual said they'd expedite it but have heard to response to my email or from Expedia/AARP.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Concierge
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

Hi there, AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by The AARP Travel Center powered by Expedia, and the frustration it has caused. We'd be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team at Expedia for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. In order to better understand the issue, we will require additional information. At your convenience, please send a private message and provide the following details:
- AARP membership number (or home address)
- Best contact number
- Expedia Itinerary number
We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 4 of 4

AARP needs to handle this group. I made a corporate reservation for a flight in May and as part of my payment purchased travel insurance. Due to a death in the family I needed to cancel the trip. AARP Expedia said when I cancelled the insurance wasn't any good but would get a credit from the airline (Delta) and would need to pay $200 when I rescheduled using this credit. I was also told to send in the claim to the insurance company paid for through AARP. Went through the insurance process never received a response. In the interim, my accounts payable manager at corporate said Expedia had compromised the corporate card and hence it was been cancelled and replaced. 

So on October 4 called AARP expedia to use the Delta credit for a personal wedding flight. I worked on it from 9:00 am until 1:45 pm with AARP Expedia. The attendant couldn't find the flights, didn't know how to handle, and this was all while I was work. Finally, she said she could book the flights I needed and charged my AARP credit card the $68.81 remaining monies. I went to the Delta flight sight that day printed out my confirmation from Delta and assigned my seats.

Then on 10/16/19 at 4:23 a.m. I received an email at on my personal email all six Delta flights were cancelled. At 9:47 I called AARP, went through the auto system with confirmation number but then when the agent got on said I needed to call back in an hour. At 11:04 a.m. I called back, the agent said the system was still down and to call back in an hour. I called at 1:09 pm and between 1:09 pm and 4:06 was on with AARP Expedia who during that time forwarded me to Brandon up a que. Brandon said the sanfu was on their part but the price of the ticket had gone up $100 since I purchased on 10/4. I said it wasn't my fault but theirs and so he said he would, if I could give him my credit card number over the phone, charge the $168.81 on my card and then refund the $100 back. He said the $100 had to charged back to my corporate card. I told him the corporate card was no longer in existence plus this was a personal flight. So if I gave him my personal card number I expected the $100 back on the personal card. While we were speaking I had my AARP credit card up to see what was going on. He charged my personal AARP card the $168.81. He then said he would and had processed the $100 refund to this card and it would show up in the next few days. I need to add I took off time to make the 10/4/19 reservation (4 hours) and all day yesterday (9-4 or 5 hours) to handle all this loosing $55 per hour or at a cost to me $495.

So you can imagine my concern when I received at my work email stating a refund of $100 had been sent to the compromised card. I left work at 11:17 a.m. today and called Expedia. I told the agent about my conversation with Brandon of yesterday. They disconnected me. Then called back at 11:52 a.m. The agent then sent me to Bree at 12:38 (all that time on hold) that said there was nothing she could do but I needed to call the corporate bank (in Canada) and state the account was closed on their letterhead and send to them. 

I will be cancelling my AARP membership.

Susan steele

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.