Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

PayPal missing as payment option for Gift Cards

Periodic Contributor

PayPal missing as payment option for Gift Cards

Is PayPal no longer a payment option for gift cards? I bought some gift cards on Mon 8/21 using PayPal, but when I went to buy more on Fri 8/25 PayPal briefly flashed as a payment option next to credit card, then disappeared. I tried logging in/out, reboot, different browsers (Chrome/Edge) with no success. The same thing happens on my wife's account.

Community Concierge

@MichaelH852670 Hi Michael, that's right- PayPal is not currently an available payment option. I invite you to check our help article for updates: https://aarp.info/3hFJC6O

Contributor

Except Paypal payment option is available if I want to renew my AARP membership -- does that make sense?

Periodic Contributor

I used the Chat Bot today and got this response from AARP"

"AARP has identified an issue with PayPal in the purchase cart for Rewards and has removed it as a payment option. There is no ETA on when it will be added back. This is a temporary removal so please check back."

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I checked again now but i couldn't see the Paypal option anymore. Maybe you need to call them to know why or you gonna wait till the problem is fixed. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Maybe you need to try again, i just checked now and it's still available as payment option. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Interesting. I just looked and it is still doing the same thing for me. I can see PayPal as an option if I go through renewal process, but not when trying to purchase a gift card. Guess I need to contact AARP support.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I've been searching the AARP website for info on this and finally found a short blurb that says it was not available as an option as of 8/22/23.

How Can I Pay for AARP Rewards?

"Currently, PayPal® is not an available payment option."

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

9/27/23 and paypal still not available. That is a pretty long "temporarily" ! 

Periodic Contributor

Edited date: Now 03/25/24 and still not fixed 😞

That's 7 months without being fixed. Pretty long temporary...

Periodic Contributor

This is annoying because I finally have a decent category for my Chase Freedom 5 percent category with paypal and then AARP stops taking it! 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP