Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

NEVER use Budget rental cars-it is a bait and switch pricing

Contributor

NEVER use Budget rental cars-it is a bait and switch pricing

I tried the Budget pre-pay plan because it was recommended by AARP and went on line-signed up, paid in full and 3 minutes later got a confirmation stating that the price had gone up $100.  6 attempts to call customer service-each time waiting on hold for 9min and 35 seconds only to be hung up on. Waited the weekend and tried again-got sent to billing and the only way they will honor the quoted price it to make me pay the added fee and then 3-5 days after the car is returned they will refund the over charge.

The excuse they gave for the over charge was that the AARP promo code (which I got by using the email from AARP) was invalid.

I have always heard of bait and switch-but have never really seen it in action until this-I would strongly recommend AARP rethink sending any of their members to Budget!!!! they are not a trustworthy business.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi Jayson. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the price fluctuation after you had clicked to pay. Because the travel industry is so competitive and prices are continuously fluctuating, there are rare instances where a price may change at the exact minute you are booking. This may have been what happened. If your AARP promotional code was not working, it should have advised so during the checkout process. We would love the opportunity to look into this further for you. Please send me a direct message or call AARP toll-free at 1 (888) 687-2277 to provide us with the following information:

- What is your reservation or confirmation #: 

- What are the rental dates you selected? 

- What AWD or promotional code did you use for your booking? 

- What was the price you originally saw and what was the amount you were charged? 

- What is your email address used for booking, and what is your phone #? 

I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP