Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

I CANT GET HELP HERE//my caregiver annd i will call you and medicare

Trusted Contributor

I CANT GET HELP HERE//my caregiver annd i will call you and medicare

IM OM MEDICARE ADVANTAGE HERE I CANT GET THERAPISTS OR CDENTISTS TO ACCEPT IT!!IN M CDEPRESSED AND SUICIDAL;L ISOLATED NO THERAPIST IM GOING CRAZY MEDICARE WILLLL HAVE XTOP PAY  FOR HOSPITALLF ME  FOR WSUICIDE!q!  YES IM THAT DEPRESSED ALL I CABNM GET IS SUICIDE HOTLINE AND ITS NOT ENOUGH  MY TEETH ARE SO BAD I CAN'T EAT. 

NO DENTISTS.MY CAREGIVWER AND I WILL CALL TYYOU--CALL US  I CANT G3ETT MRFIXCAL DENTAL ORENTAL  HEALTH HELP!!IM SIOCK OF NOT GETTING S3ERVICES FROMC   ANYTHING ON MEDICARE!!!I NEWED HELP--OR I MIGHT DUMP AARP ADVANTAGE GO Bacl to basic medicare   aarp is not helping t all!!!---dorothy Bucherdepressiuion headachesdepressiuion headaches

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

Any path forward? Any improvement? 

Do you live in or near Eugene OR? I am happy to look stuff up for you for resources...

Jane in eastern oregon (other side of Willamette Pass).

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@clarachan I'm so sorry you're experiencing this terrible stress. @JaneCares has given you some excellent suggestions, and I'd like to add a few things I hope will be helpful:

• First and foremost, if you are feeling suicidal, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 right away. It's a toll-free call and well-trained people can help walk you through this on the phone.  They can also help you find local help. 
  • It sounds like you have a United Healthcare Medicare Advantage plan. You might try calling and explain where you live and ask them to help you find doctors, dentist, counselors etc. who will accept your plan. The toll-free number is 1-833-968-3240.
  • You could also go the United Healthcare website and do an online search for doctor etc. who accept your plan, but perhaps calling would be easier. 

As Jane says, chronic pain is very debilitating and I can understand your feelings. I urge you to reach out to the suicide prevention line and United Healthcare and I hope you are able to find the local help you need! Do keep us posted and let us know if there is anything else at all that we can help you with. 

Take care,

Amy Goyer, AARP Family & Caregiving Expert

Author, Juggling Life, Work and Caregiving

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

Hello, Dorothy, I am so very sorry you're having so much trouble getting dental care! You are very upset right now; is there something you can do or someone you can call who will help you feel a little bit better? I think there must be a dentist near you that would accept your Medicare Advantage Plan coverage at least in part. And most dentists have payment plans for whatever isn't covered. Tooth pain is terrible! 

Please know that you can go to an emergency room if you are feeling like you might harm yourself. And the staff there would help you with 'follow up', finding care for both your mind/spirit and your teeth!

I will keep thinking on your predicament, and write some more. If you have the strength and focus, tell us more. What have you tried?

But first reach out to someone you trust ... 

Jane

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Idf i call up suicide hotline they send out the sherrif's  men to see me--and they are no hel-p at all.there is no hospiral wing fore SUICIDAL AND DEPRESSED OR CRAZY PEOPLE no one gets ahy help here.i can't get a therapids\t/ (i can't tyype any more da,,),,t here no one will take medicare--im isolated all the time. i have 2   caregivers and they never come here,and are sick all the time.

__my_cat_120gif_by_fatimaehya-d8qvwd1.gifHA HA  IM LOSING all my teeth!!thanks medicare advanrtage!!   

0 Kudos
AARP Expert

@clarachan i’m so sorry that you are struggling with these challenges. I can’t tell from your comments if you did call the suicide hotline but please know that you can call them again anytime. It will at least give you someone to talk to directly. They can try to help you find local assistance.

if your caregivers aren’t showing up then I encourage you to call their supervisors and ensure that they know they are not showing up for work. I’m wondering if you have looked into whether or not you qualify for Medicaid. Medicaid may be able to pay for help for you in a facility and more treatment. Another option for your teeth is to find a local dental college and they may do the work for you for free or very reduced cost.

again, I encourage you to call the suicide hotline so you can speak with someone directly and I am so sorry you’re going through this. The toll-free number is 1-833-968-3240.

Take care, 

Amy

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP