Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Hartford Homeowners insurance

I've been calling for a full week with at least 10 different numbers and it keeps circling to the same answer that their center is closed. My policy is coming up and will be due soon how do I reach some person to fix this issue.

On top of that no one is answering from AARP as well. I don't even know who to call to cancel this insurance policy this is insane

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

@JosephF582420 Hi Joseph, let me help. The Hartford can be reached at 1-888-755-0425, they will be able to assist you with your insurance policy. I'm always here to help if you need anything. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

I am going to repeat what i said. i called every number offered and told the call centers are closed.

i just called the number you gave with the same response. 

why don't you give it a try??

Retired Moderator

Hi there, here to help. I just gave The Hartford a call at 1-888-755-0425 and was able to speak with an agent after pressing "0" each time the automated system asked for information, so it seems the call center is indeed open and available to help. We here at AARP are available as well by phone at 1-888-687-2277. If you are still having issues getting through however, we'll be glad to reach out to The Hartford on your behalf. Please send us a help request using this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/contactsupport) and include:

• Description of your issue
  • Mention that you are requesting an escalation

We look forward to hearing from you!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Similar problems initially with Hartford Auto then I got in touch with them and wished I hadn't.  Am leasing a luxury car that was hit by another driver more than 4 months ago and still not repaired.  Hartford does virtually nothing.  I had to go to the at fault driver's insurance company on my own to establish fault and wish they were handling the claim not Hartford.  Today some Hartford adjustor supervisor yelled at me because I begged them to please fix my car and quit giving the liar at the body shop one more chance, after he lied 4 times about having it fixed. All Hartford does is make excuses and repeat excuses about the pandemic, supplies etc. with no proof. At Hartford, the customer comes last.  Will be so glad to cancel my policy and go back to my old insurance company. who would not have left me for months paying lease payments and insurance with no auto.  The Hartford rental insurance is a joke, there are no cars at Enterprise at $20 a day and it is for only 30 days and they won't lift finger to contact the at fault insurance company.

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi there, you can always contact AARP for help if you have an issue with an AARP provider. AARP would be glad to help by reaching out to The Hartford on your behalf to thoroughly investigate. Please use this link (https://help.aarp.org/s/contactsupport) to submit a web help form and include the following information:

• Description of your issue
  • Please mention that you are requesting an escalation

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP