Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Expedia travel

I made hotel reservations through AARP Expedia, my husband and I were on the Amtrak train that had the shooting that killed two people in Tucson. We were sequestered at a hotel unable to travel or collect our luggage for days. I canceled our travel plans the night of the incident and Expedia did not cancel all of my reservations. We are being held responsible for the three nights at hotel in Texas, as they say we were a no show.  AARP Expedia will not issue my refund and blame the hotel, the hotel says Expedia needs to issue the refund because they failed to cancel our reservation. This can not be allowed to happen to senior citizens, the time and effort I have put into this for 6 weeks has left me feeling desperate. I would hope AARP would do business with an honest provider for travel. I am writing this to warn others of Expedia's customer service, and the danger of losing money with this business.

0 Kudos

@c585514a 

AARP Member Benefits Team is here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Expedia. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Expedia for their thorough review and investigation if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPLakeisha” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Your first & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number
  • Expedia confirmation/reservation number
  • Dates of stay

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi Lakeisha, 

I can't find the send box via the link. My name is Christy Acosta, I will keep looking.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi,

I sent a response yesterday through the private message link, how do I know if you received it. I see my first communication to you, but not the second.

Thanks,

Christy Acosta

0 Kudos

@c585514a I received it and will reply to you there.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP