Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Don't believe that the OTC benefit is a benefit.

Don't believe that the OTC benefit is a benefit.

For the past few years the Healthcare plan OTC benefit was a big plus. I told friends it was a great resource. 

I logged on in the first week of the quarter to order my $50 worth. A little sidebar, you dont really get $50 value out of it unless your order comes to exactly $50. If you go over, you can pay the difference. If your order is less than $50, the difference is lost. 

What's my beef? I logged on in the first week of the new quarter to place my order and found the items I needed were marked as "Out of Stock"!  So, I waited until half way through the quarter thinking that would give them time to re-stock. I logged into there are zero vitamins, zero pain relievers, and a very short list of what is available. Even some of those are marked "out of stock!" This kind of reminds me of the old bait and switch operations - thinking I had a deal, I bought into it, then find out its not worth anything to me. 

I've been "taken" this year with thinking it was a benefit. When open enrollment comes around I need to find a provider that delivers real benefits.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@WilliamP874918 wrote:

I've been "taken" this year with thinking it was a benefit. When open enrollment comes around I need to find a provider that delivers real benefits.

===================================================

You don’t have to wait until open enrollment next fall - you can do it NOW - available from Jan.1 - March 31 IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A MA PLAN - you can switch.  This period is called the “Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period”

Medicare.gov - Joining A Plan

from the link:  

You can only join, switch, or drop a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) or

Medicare drug plan (Part D) at certain times, called enrollment periods.

Enrollment period:                           You can:                    Coverage Starts                                    

Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period
(only if you’re already in a Medicare Advantage Plan)

• January 1-March 31.
    • Within the

first 3 months you get Medicare

• Switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan with or without drug coverage.
  • Drop your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare.  You'll also be able to join a separate Medicare drug plan.
First of the month after the plan gets your request.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP