Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Dental Insurance

Does AARP provide a decent Dental Plan?  DELTA Dental patient costs seem like the policy is worthless...

0 Kudos

Got my elderly mom enrolled last summer in advance of some major dental work. It saved her thousands of dollars. The work still cost her thousands, but the AARP/Delta insurance did indeed save her a lot. $34/month isn't too bad for that.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @JamesF227210 ! The only dental insurance that is currently offered is Delta Dental.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Thanks but... Few if any of the options you mentioned were discussed when I CALLED Delta Dental...

I was given the option of a moderate payment. The WAITING time for Implants and other services was NOT clearly presented.

The maximum they would pay was about $1200 dollars. Pretty useless when a bridge is about $5000.00...

My feeling it that Delta Dental is kind of a SCAM... When discussing the plans with them they did NOT put forward the waiting time or the LOW benifit amount...

0 Kudos
Contributor

I agree! I did the math. The premium they quote ($88 a month), plus the 90 bucks deductible is MORE than the maximum annual benefits they would pay. How is this a "benefit"? Where is the value to anyone other than Delta? And why does AARP endorse such a losing proposition?

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Hi @JamesF227210 ! Thank you for that feedback. I would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Delta Dental to have this investigated for you. Please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, โ€œAARPThelmaGโ€ into the โ€œSend toโ€ box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue
  • When did you enroll with Delta Dental
  • Provide your Delta plan name and identification number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I tried to reply to the email you sent. The LINK DID NOT WORK!

I have taken to twitter. Thank you ELON!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Please give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation. Thank you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP