Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Consumer Cellular

I was informed that as of August the 787 number in the Caribbean will be changed and either you get a new area code or close the account.   Could anyone offer any info about that?

My family resides in Puerto Rico.

[mod edit: please do not post personal details in public areas of the community]

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi there! Thanks for contacting AARP. Please contact Consumer Cellular directly at 1-888-423-8071, to inquire about the changes to the area code in the Caribbean.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Regular Social Butterfly

I don't know why this is Consumer Cellular, as area codes are controlled by the federal government, but will write in the 80s we in Southern California were told there would be an area code split; to call my neighbor across the street required dialing 10 numbers instead of 7. We succeeded in journeying through that.

If Consumer Cellular is going to charge more for that, then consider a different provider. I've been with Fi for 5+ years with no issues regarding charges.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP