Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Consumer Cellular Issues

I’m sorry to see Consumer Cellular recommended by AARP.   I attempted to switch to Consumer Cellular after seeing info on AARP.    After receiving the SIM card for 2 phones, decided to activate one at a time.    After 2+ hours on the phone with them, they could not port my phone over to their site yet they disconnected me from my working provider. Whatever they did in addition to not activating my phone on their network, my phone could not be reactivated on my old account.  Consumer Cellular disabled the phone number so I couldn’t continue to use a number I’ve had for years.   I spent hours on the phone with my service provider as well as 3 additional hours at one of their locations, trying to straighten out the mess and get my phone working again. While in the process of straightening out my phone, Consumer Cellular did the same thing with my husband’s phone even though we had not yet installed the sim or initiate the transfer.   He had to get a new number as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP