Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Periodic Contributor

Chase-Barclay transition is a mess

I only found out about the transition about the AARP Chase- Barclay credit card today (2 weeks before the cut-off) when an email and postal mail message arrived.  I've going to be traveling during the transition period, my new card probably won't arrive before I leave, and I can't use my Chase card after 9/16 --- but the new card can't be activated until 9/20.  What am I supposed to do for those 4 days between cards?  All of my hotels, rentals car, etc. are booked to the Chase card, and I have to present that card at check-in or my reservations will be canceled.  

Barclays won't take calls from AARP members until 9/20.  I called AARP, and the rep said that all she had was the same brochure I got in the mail.  This is a customer-service nightmare.  I applied for a new credit card today from another organization and will close the Barclays account as soon as I get the new card.  Shame on AARP for creating such a dismal and costly situation for members.

Trusted Contributor

Hello

I am totally disgusted with this transfer of CREDIT CARDS! It is a total mess.

I am waiting for a refund on my account from the CHASE CARD. It totals around 1800 US DOLLARS and I was supposed to have received in by SEPTEMBER 25TH. I contacted the company that made the refund and they sent an official email to confirm it. However, my new BARCLAYS  account does not show this refund and when I call, the idiots on the telephone know NOTHING! I am very worried about not recuperating this money.

AARP MUST CONTACT BARCLAYS AND DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY. This is totally disrespectful and abusive of AARP MEMBERS! 

0 Kudos
Retired Moderator

Hi there, AARP Member Benefits Team here to help. We certainly understand your concern regarding the service provided by Barclays. We’d be happy to forward your concern to the Escalation team we work with at Barclays to have them thoroughly investigate and contact you if you’d like. To do this, we will need more information. Please send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPAngelaC” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage. Please provide the following details in your message:

• Your first & last name
  • AARP membership number (or home address)
  • Best contact phone number

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

How many times are you going to reply with this canned and planned answer.  It is totally meaningless.    The end result is we have to waste our time trying to update things and be on the phone or the internet trying to get answers.   If AARP had to renegotiate a contract they should have insisted on a smooth transition for it's members.  

Barclay's just sent me an email that my statement is ready.  I logged on and lo and behold, it's impossible to download a statement.  I like to print a hard copy so I can compare my receipts with the charges.  All they are showing is a mish mosh of charges due and new charges.   By now Barclay's should have had this all worked out.  

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

As of today, I have been waiting for almost 1800 US DOLLARS from this corrupt bank. I will be looking into legal recourse if my money is not refunded,

I have just enrolled in CAPITOL ONE. I will not renew my membership to AARP.

I WELCOME ALL PEOPLE TO GET RID OF THIS CIRCUS.

0 Kudos

I never received ANYTHING in the mail or by email. I am without a credit card , my AARP Chase card, that I used for all my auto-payments, basically my life fundamantals, made even more essential in the midst of the pandemic. I was shocked yesterday when I went online to look at my Chase  CC transactions which I do every couple of days. Nothing was there except an invitation to explore my credit rating. I have spent the last 6 1/2 hours trying to find someone to let me see my transactions. I took the day off from work to get on this. Now I hear Barclay's system isn't even working. Imagine the other folks who have no clue and will realize much is wrong when they get their paper statement. Like others, I can't get anyone at Barclays and can't talk to Chase as I am no longer with them. What a nightmare.

I will say the folks I have talked to at AARP, and there have been three, have been kind and patient, but not really able to answer all my questions and concerns.  I have an escalation set up through AARP but was told I probably won't get a call for three days. Talk about unnerving...

Trusted Contributor

I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH HELL TO RECUPERATE REFUNDS FOR THE PAST FIVE WEEKS. AARP AND BARCLAYS HAVE BEEN PLAYING A GAME OF CAT AND MOUSE.

CONCLUSION: I HAVE SIGNED UP WITH CAPITOL ONE, WILL NOT BE RENEWING THE AARP CIRUS AND WILL TAKE LEGAL ACTION IF I AM NOT REFUNDED ASAP. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP