Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search
Contributor

Booking on AARP Expedia

Last July I book a hotel on the AARP Expedia travel site for a hotel in Chattanooga, TN.  I was charged $382.72 on my credit card at the time for the room.  When I checked out of the hotel the invoice from the hotel was $287.04.  A difference of $95.68.  Expedia claim they charged the going rate at the time.  The hotel claim they only received the $287.04.  Neither would issue any refund.  I would warn travelers that booking ahead with Expedia my not be the best option.  I have never had this happen before.  I will be more careful when booking in the future.

Regular Social Butterfly

This is so weird to me; several years ago I posted that booked via AARP Expedia for the AARP Meetup in NOLA the hotel found no reservation. We were able to cover a stay and received refund; then as now don't appreciate AARP promoting wrong-thinking business models such as Expedia (they use money, not theirs) to forward their commercial enterprises.

jmho

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
0 Kudos
Contributor

I also had a very bad business practice dealing with a reservation with Europcar through AARP Expedia. I reserved a car from Europcar in February for $1077 and in June Europcar charged me over $1966. That is a 55% increase in price and very unreasonable and an unfair business practice. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Hi @Rwdepalma, here to help! 

We certainly understand your concern regarding the AARP Car Rental Services. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Expedia to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with Expedia, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPMariama A” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks

Mariama A.

0 Kudos
Contributor

It's been almost a month and I have not heard a response from Mariama A. or anyone else at AARP/Expedia.

Did you escalate my inquiry?

0 Kudos
Community Concierge

Hi @Rwdepalma, here to help! 

We certainly understand your concern regarding the AARP Car Rental Services. We would be glad to work with the Escalation team at Expedia to have this investigated for you. If you are still having difficulties with Expedia, please either give us a call at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) to request an Escalation or send me a private message in the AARP Online Community by clicking this link and entering my username, “AARPStephfanW784785” into the “Send to” box https://community.aarp.org/t5/notes/composepage . Please provide the following details in your message:

• Full name
  • AARP Membership # (or home address)
  • Phone # and email address to contact you
  • Description of your issue

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you informing us of your concern. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thanks

Stephfan W.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I have replied to the private message service as directed. I forgot my Phone and email and will reply again.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP